Nightmare Sessions!

ByNasty

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm like everyone else out there, enjoying their fishing pretty much no matter what but every now and then a series of events comes along that makes me want to think that the fishing god is trying to repeatedly kick me in the nuts!
Hows this for a session?
15:15 Text comes through from my cousin saying his missus has given him time off to do our first ever overnighter. Weather is sunny. Sweeeeet!
16:30 Boss lets me leave work early to go get bait. Things going well so far.
15:30-19:30 Set my rods up in back garden. Pre tie stringer so that rod is ready to go while I'm baiting up other areas. Notice wind is picking up but sun is still out so it's all good still.
20:00 Arrive at lake.
20:15 Stand in puddle of silty mud. Realise I have forgotten my wellies!
20:20 Boast to my cousin that I have rod set up with pre-tied stringer ready to go. He comments on my forward thinking. I feel smug.
20:21 I accidently lower stringer in to margins while preparing to cast. I watch stringer disolve before I can recover. I get the urine extracted.
20:40 The baliff comes round and says "Bloody hell your gonna be cold if that's all you've got" we say "I'm sure it will be fine" Wind now picked up considerably.
20:50 Casting feeder out to get a bed of maggots down. Tip of rod snaps off below the third from top ring. I don't know how either!
21:40 Blowing a gale. Fishing now. Spill hot chocolate all over lap.
22:50-4:30 Freeze my knackers off, sleep worst nights sleep ever, don't get a bite.
6:20 Get all excited upon hearing my alarm, get all p****d off as I watch coot swimming across my line.
7:30 Pack up thoroughly cheesed off.
7:35 See Baliff at gate. Recieve a big "I told you so from him" re: freezing to death!
8:00 Climb into warm bed and nod off only to be woken by my idiot sister phoning me. Spend rest of day cranky and unable to get warm. Decide I may never fish again. Swear a lot.
Sunday: Spend all afternoon trying to fix reels as they have developed mysterious bail arm issues, sun shines and it is a beautiful day, perfect fishing weather. I decide someone up there is havin a laugh and that I hate the world!
So there you go, has anyone else out there got some unfortunate stories cos I need cheering up and laughing at others misfortune is the best source of humour going!

C

Chastened, Reformed and Respectfully Deferential

Can't at this moment make you alugh but you can take comfort from the fact that you made me laugh!

J

jason fisher

i'm not tellin him the things that's happened to me because they'd cheer him up.

ByNasty

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I also somehow managed to put a hole in the bottom of my bait bucket and had to deal with the maggots trying to escape across the garden table. Also came home to find the cat had been eating grass again and had coughed it back up on my bed!
Isn't life great!

ByNasty

Reaction score
Don't say that Graham! That means I've got another 40 odd years of this!

C

Chastened, Reformed and Respectfully Deferential

Lucky you! I've only got 25 yrs to go

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
It could have been worse, you could have fell in, snapping your landing net handle in the process. You could have also hooked yourself, in the bare shoulder, with a size ten, with juicy lob attached to it!

Chin up mate!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Graham --I've only got 5 years to catch up to you---- but those things are happening to me already ....

W

Wolfman Woody

"It could be worse. It could be raining."

from 'Young Frankenstein'

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Think yourself lucky that there wasn't a guy in the next peg catching all night. Just imagine how pissed off you'd have been then.