Clattercote results!

W

Wolfman Woody

Nice article Mark, as usual.

Interesting watching Mr Jacobs tackling up. Obvious to see his working for the oil industry becomes a benefit when rigging up his fishing platform, where's the helipad though, Peter?

Got no further than half way down on my first attempt reading it. I was suddenly overcome by a tremendous smell of rotting tench. Amazing site we have here. :eek:)

Congrats Gary - you deserve it!

J

ji1234

A great read, I enjoyed it all. Hoping to make it there next year if I am in good health.

Can somebody please email the details of the next match at Ellerdine.

G

Gary Knowles 2

I borrowed half a pint of maggots off Andy, and gave him back nearly all of them.

'cos I was using rubber maggots on the hook...

Thanks Woody...And Grumpy...

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Glad a good time was had by all. Well done to Gary may his success continue on the Ribble in the coming season. I just hope i can make it next year.

Hope you all have a good day at Ellerdine

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

ji1234
If you look in the game fishing section you will see the details for the fly fishing fish-in at Ellerdine

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Got carried away with talk of baggin this & baggin that & forgot that just like river fish if its been cold they dont want as much feed.

G

Gary Knowles 2

Nige,

I borrowed about half a pint of maggots off Andy and I reckon I gave him back 90% of them.

It was tempting to fill it in knowing that carp were the target but the cold wind and everyone on the lake apparently struggling when we arrived persuaded me to go softly, softly with the bait.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Good on you Gary as I must have spent ?30.00 on bloody bait half of which ended up in Graham Whatmores swim what with the wind.No wonder these Carp pools are popular with tackle dealers!

Easy to be wise after the event & a lesson learnt.

Anyway the main thing was that the day was good and I put some faces to names.

Twainy2

Reaction score
Great article Graham. Unfortunately, the "Bare-Foot & Sleeping" method did not seem to work?? A fantastic bunch, great day. See you next year!

J

John Huntley

Glad to hear that Stu Dexter finally hauled one of those carp from under the platform.They certainly got the better of me. If only....

The Hood

Reaction score
Can one of you tell me why we go to Clattercote? There are other venues we could fish.

G

Gary Knowles 2

I don't know 'hood' but it's a bloody long way for me !!

I suppose it's because the first ever one was held there, it's a pretty even venue and it's become tradition.

I may consider staying over next year though and having a good booze up an night...

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
If anyone can come up with another venue around the middle of the country that can accomodate 30 or more anglers that gives everyone a chance of catching a few fish, I'm listening.

Bear in mind that Clattercote isn't your usual overstocked pastie venue where it's the same for everybody and the match is won by whoever can haul them out the fastest.

At least there are choices to be made in method and bait and species. Not many match venues offer that.

F

Fred Bonney

Nothing wrong with Clattercote,it gets my vote.
It should be remembered also this is a friendly memorial fishin,which appears to be getting more popular,so why change?

Perhaps we should go in the spring or summer,it always appears to be winter in May. ;0)

J

ji1234

I like Clattercotes as well, only suggested Meadowlands as another venue in case folk wanted a change.

S

Steve Wilson

yes i agree with fred stick with Clattercote

how about the last week in may,the weather seems quite good then