Fishing tackle shows

M

Mr. Uncredible

Has anyone attended one of the above or the Used Tackle sell off at Newark? Are the savings worth it allowing for your entry ticket?

Chatted to a local club president recently who always attends a big sale at Thorpe Park and he swears by the savings he makes each year.

C

Cakey

local markets and car boot sales are just as cheap as thorpe park with a few more plus's ....better quality,no entry ticket,no long drive and best of all no 2hour queue in the snow like I encountered one year

Dave German

Reaction score
I've done Newark about 3 times and tacklefest twice, they are good for picking up bits, (line end tackle etc.) or you have some item in mind, basicaly its the same tackle you see in the weeklys all the time, sometimes a bit cheaper somtimes not for me it save on p&p if you buy from 2 or 3 different stands.

M

madpiker

i went to tacklemania in bristol.in my opinion,80 per cent of the kit on sale was garbage,although there were 1 or 2 bargains.as cakey says,car boot sales can throw up a few bargains.in my opinion,good quality used gear is far better than cheap and nasty new stuff.

Dave German

Reaction score
Mostly its all the same stuff with different badges/finishes, far east factories do a 10,000 contract for a company then carry on making anther 10,000 with their own name on them. These days a name or logo is no guarantee of quality, look for where its made. With rods there are shedloads out there no one wants AT THE PRICE THEY ARE, but someone will have a punt on a container load at a 1/4 the price,
last year all the tackle fairs had nash outlaw rods at about 12 quid