OK so how often

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

With Des Taylor's little snipe at Angling Website forum users in mind, I just thought I would ask the question regarding how often many of you go fishing.

From my point of view I go fishing as often as possible. That means, especially in the summer months, up to 3 days a week.

I also use virtually all my 6 weeks a year holiday for fishing. That means taking myself off for 5 to 10 day sessions somewhere in the country where I will spend a few nights in a country pub or with friends.

How about you. How often do you get out, or is it a case of how often the missus will let you out?

B

Bully

Once a month this last couple of years Ron. I would love to do more but with children, my other sports/hobbies just cannot do more.

What's Des been saying then?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Once a week for me, on average. I can go fishing whenever I want because my wife spends most of her time in the garden and doesn't mind a bit but though I keep promising myself more outings I always have a reason not to.

Smokedodger

Reaction score
At least twice a week in summer and at least once a week in the winter.Or whenever I want, sometimes just for an evening session for a couple of hours.

D

Danny Lancaster

Twice a month for me at the moment. Just moved home, approaching first wedding anniversary (used to go fishing twice a week before I met wife. Grr..) etc.. so pretty busy at the moment.

In the coming summer months everything will have settled down and I should be getting out once a week. (If the wife will let me of course.)

Ron, 6 WEEKS Holiday! Any jobs going? I get 20 days (5 of which have to be used at Christmas) plus Bank Hols.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
usually twice in the summer month's one weekend session and one evening 6-9ish .In winter once a week, I'd go more but I've got a wife and kids too.Also I have the odd day's holiday from work ( we get 20 days to take when we want)and try to spend those fishing as well.
Plus I find time to use intertnet fishing sites.
Wonder what Des thinks of those people who spend more time reading the AT than fishing. bet he doesn't object to them?

Daniel Matley

Reaction score
During the summer/light evenings I try and fish twice a week but once the nights draw in it is just one day over the weekend for me. I do get a week away fishing each year with lads (June 18th Warks. Avon.....can't wait) which I always look forward to. Having said all that I've not wet a line for 3 weeks now but will be putting that right this weekend.

S

Shrek

I try and get out once a week which is quite acceptable now as I am able to bring my catch home with me.

Just got to work out how to cold smoke fish and I'm away !!!

Still need to crack Draycote though......!!

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

A lot of days I fish 3 hours or less but i do manage to fish on average more than 3 times a week.

Ergo

Reaction score
Minimum of once a week, more if I have a match and require practice sessions.

I take angling fishing breaks. This year back to Todber Manor in North Dorset again. I will only fish 9 days out of the 12 days there though.

Then I am forced to take a week at White Acres :( It's a tough life ain't it?

alan strickland

Reaction score
About twice a week in spring/summer once a month in winter.I try a take a couple of week`s off work when the tench fishing is at it`s best and again around october for the best barbel fishing.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I give myself 6 weeks a years because I am self employed. But I always have a cellphone with me in case I need to help any customer.

So really I don't get any holidays at all.

One of the beauties of my job is that I don't need to "Go to work" as it were. Such is the advantage of being a consultant.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

By the Way Adrian we should have a couple of days in a boat together on Draycote Water. I'll show you how to crack it.

But I'm not coming down for one day. It's a 200 mile round trip.

alan

Reaction score
normally once a week, but that is sat afternoon to sunday sometime.

not been for the last 8 weeks due to decorating and waiting for the summer spieces to turn up. heard reports of 14lb smutts from the shore so out soon.

16th june im off out on a boat for smutts and tope, cant wait.

Fishing Gimp

Reaction score
In the summer i go at least twice a week for short sessions. One session is spent fly fishing on the Wylye and the other pole fishing or pin fishing for Tench on a couple of local waters. I do not coarse fish until the 16th june because it doesn't feel right for me and any way this is the time for fly fishing and always has been. i suppose what i'm really trying to say is that i'm a bit too long in the tooth to change my habits now. Any way as long as i'm enjoying my fishing i'm happy!

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
2 days per week one week, then 1 the next. This is during the football season. My days usually go from mid day (so the hangover has gone) until late evening. I also spend most of my paltry 20 days holidays fishing. Then one or two evenings in the summer.

Quite a bit of fishing, unfortunately my results don't often relect this! Never mind, I love it.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Couple of times a week (occasionally 3 times) during the summer and once a week in winter. Usually midweek because the waters around here get too crowded at weekends especially during the summer.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Fishing Gimp.

I'm so glad that you, like me think that springtime is the time to be out fly fishing.

I'll have most of the members of FM flinging fluff soon, believe you me.

T

The Monk

well, as a professional Time Bandit, I used to live on the bank and fish at least 9 months a year solid, until those ba***rds at the job centre decided I was enjoying myself too much.