trent session angling/carbelling.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
lee,just read your piece on session angling on the trent and thoroughly enjoyed it.i`ve never been one for reading long articles and stories but i found this one quite compelling i suppose and i was willing you on to catch that barbel you wanted.
i`ve also been looking at some of the other articles that are related to this topic as well and also found them most intresting and informative as well.i hope to put into practice what i`ve read and learned in july on the planned barbel fish in.
as i`ve already said,an excellent read...power to you sir.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Excellent read Lee. You certainly have a way with words mate, I almost felt like I was there!! Keep them coming!

L

Les Clark

Nice one Lee ,all in all a good session and a bloody good write up .

S

swordsy

I tell you what them boil in the bag meals are bloody nice!

Glad you enjoyed it, many thanks!

E

EC

No, I mean tell me about them! Make/Manufacturer? (sounds like a used car ad)

Where can I buy? How much? Calorific value?

Will they put me on the bog within minutes etc?

S

swordsy

I will buy one on my way to work and do a full breakdown of the item on here, they are cock-on.

C

Chris Pearson

Hi Lee,
Thanks for taking the time to put pen to paper,almost felt as if I was there,wonderful imagery.
Any chance of a few more piccies?
Definately inspired me to do some long sessions on the Trent-can't wait,booked the first 3 days off for starters!!
Will definately be targetting those carp now.

CCC's just round the corner,will definately be giving their curries a bash.

Did I see you at the BS do last weekend,not sure if it was you without the cap and a bit shy to ask!
Cheers,
ChrisP

S

swordsy

Chris don't tell anyone but bread is a great Trent carp bait when fished over a method feeder!

Bill Maitland

Reaction score
Nice one Lee, apart from the fish, the camping and wildlife is half the reason I go.
Having a hot brew and sitting by some nice bit of river or lake at first light is one of life's little pleasures.

J

john conway

Nice one Lee, I've been hitting the rivers over the close season with a bit of fluff flinging and although I'm enjoying it your article has just reminded me why I love the Ribble?s Chub and Barbel fishing. Can't wait for the new season to start. I've got some mega brownie points in over the close season by fitting a new kitchen for our lass and I think they've almost reached at least a double nighter on the Ribble. Having said that maybe a visit to the Trent is on the cards.
I like the way you write Lee, not all hairy fairy but somehow you set the scene very well.
How do you like the Lord of the Rings? First time I read it was in the late sixties, after falling down a pot hole and breaking my wrist.

J

jason fisher

love that photo lee, massochist, narcissist, optimist.

nah constipated.

good read though matey once more.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Nice one Lee, good read, glad you shared it with us. Looking forward to some barbel action on the RIVERS now, cheers mate. ;)

Y

yoggy

What a super read Lee,congratulations on a great piece of writing mate.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Another excellent read Lee. Keep this up and we will be ordering signed copies of your first book. A year on the Trent. Keep up the good work hope to see you for the Fish-In soon.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
lee,i`ve gotta couple of nash xs 3lb rods that havent seen water yet.would they be too powerfull for carbelling???
i`m thinking along the lines that people must fish the trent for its carp population using beefy tackle and perhaps latched into barbel???

S

swordsy

Nick the 3lb are a bit on the big side but with a bit of extra water on they would handle a big weight very well i would think.

Jason I am off the 16th and 17th, we should talk!