Commercial Grundbait

G

Gareth McSherry

Is the commercial Grounbait mix you see advertised is magazines really worth it ?
I just use breadcrumb and hook samples but is it worth spending the extra money on this "Special" mix ?

Thanks in advance for any responses I get

R

Rodney Wrestt

Gareth,
if you are catching on your mix then the answer is no. The continental style mixes are good for specific species like roach, breem, tench and carp etc. They all have ingredients added which will encourage the species on the bag to feed, however they won't stop others from turning up as all fish like variety in their diet.

I would say the dark coloured mixes are worth experimenting with as they blend in with the bottom of the venue more than plain bread crumb. You can also do as I do and mix them together, I use a bag of brown crumb to bulk out my mix and make it last longer. I only use neat continental mixes in the canal as the particles are finer than the brown crumb and don't provide as much food for the fish to feed on and the mix can be made either as a slop, dry or hard depending on the conditions on the day.

Hope this helps.