Floating Biscuit

Tenchead

Reaction score
Can someone please please please tell me how to hook the blighters using floating doggies, they take all the freebies but never the floater!!!!!!!!

L

Les Clark

Tenchead ,please explain your setup in detail and maybe we can help you.

Tenchead

Reaction score
Hi ya,
I have tried enterprise dog biscuits with no luck, maybe its my line they can see.
I am currently using carp silk braid after trying every other type of line.

J

jason fisher

that's the problem then you want a floating mono with the last couple of inches of fluorocarbon ungreased.

Tenchead

Reaction score
Ive tried fluorocarbon and even bought one of those special floats that suspend the biscuit!

C

Cakey

if none of that works its simple .............they dont like the biscuit you must be tainting it with smokers fingers or something
I wont even get petrol on the day Im fishing just in case

L

Les Clark

What is the lenght of the line from the controller to your hook ?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I use fireline braid as my main line due to its floating capabilities and pick when a fish takes. For the hook length i use about 8 foot of 8Ib Krystonite. The controler varies in size depending on distace required.

The main thing is to get them feeding confidently if they are rolling takes all the better than sipping takes as the are more confident. Hope this helps

Tenchead

Reaction score
The hook length is about 5 foot, they seem to come up to it have a sniff then leave it.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Tenchy. Not being sure of the venues you fish its not easy to generalise but have you considered trying the pole. This way you can fish with all your line off the water and you can just hold your bait touching the water. The takes are usually ferocious and selfhooking. Furthermore its as often as not the big ones that take. Bread and dogbiscuits are both baits that work well with this method and with minimum tackle needed it may be worth you giving it a try because the thrill when the poletip plunges down has to be felt to be believed. Best of luck from Mick.

Tenchead

Reaction score
Thanks Michael, My brother uses the pole and has also suggested i do this, he fishes in Fish o Mania and came 6th the other week, he did come to where i fish and tried with the pole without success, as soon as he changed back to rod n reel he caught on floating biscuit whci really pissed me off.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Use the beachcaster rig. You will at least double your catch rate. I'm amazed more people don't use it. Tricky in deeper water yes, but still possible with a bit of effort.