nice chub

fishface

Reaction score
i reckon im probably about the same age as the boy holding the fish and i would dream of a chubb like that!
well done

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
If it helps, I started fishing in 1960 and caught my first five-pounder in 2001. If they 're not in the waters you fish, they can be difficult!
What's your local river?

fishface

Reaction score
i will fish the thames a fair bit in the summer as my dad has a boat on it near cuckham!

J

jason fisher

the thames is stuffed full of big chub, you will catch one.

fishface

Reaction score
lets hope so! my best so far is only my second chubb but still its 2lb 14oz so i was pretty chuffed!

J

jason fisher

the bit of thames i fished it was harder to catch a 3 than a 5, because i caught loads of 5's and only one 3.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
THE brain to pick about the middle Thames is probably that of the one and only Woody; but if you can't attract his attention (a thread entitled "Middle Thames Chub?" should do it)... it might be worth bearing in mind that nearly every pretty riverside village/town has a spot where people feed ducks...with bread...nuff said?
Suppose I'd better point out that bread goes a long way downstream, and a hookbait should not be left where ducks, coots etc. can see it!!!