Boilie making..

E

EC

As a generalisation how many eggs per Kg of base mix?

I have a load of 'volunteers' who dont know that they are rolling home mades for me this week!

I need to make hay while the sun shines etc etc, and I know it is impossible to be exact, but so I dont run out of eggs, what do you reckon?

L

Les Clark

Eddie ,I have`nt rolled my own for some years but it used to be 6 eggs to the LB ,but if you are useing a well known base mix it should tell you on the pkt .

E

EC

home made, 6 to the pound then equals 12 to the Kg then?

Cakey?

J

jason fisher

6 medium sized, but i had one of my own design which used to take 6 large to make it rollable then it set like concrete.
the other thing is you can over egg it a bit if you want it harder.

E

EC

So if I get 6 eggs to a pound then I wont be too far out!

How long (approx) to mix a pound of dry mix with eggs, then roll into balls of differing size by hand?

F

Frothey

6 eggs to the lb seems on the high side....i do 15 egg mixes with another 70ml or so of additives and get about 3 1/2kg of finished bait. can get it rolled and boiled in about an hour and a quarter (with a gun/big table). by hand.....hours!

C

Cakey

sorry misread your 1st post
strange but we make the base mix by the lb but chuck the boilies out by the k
anyway 6 medium eggs or 4 large eggs is the norm
but all this gets mucked up by the liquids we put in i.e. 3ml cranberry in one recipe and 5ml of tutti with 30ml of salmon oil in another
so you will have to play to get it right and then your away

J

jason fisher

depends on how round you want the balls unless you're using a roling table or you have hutchie on hand to do one in each hand (the flash git).

to mix it takes about 5 minutes max, but i always shove mine in the fridge over night after i've done the mixing wrapped in cling film.
and it's 14 to the kg not 12 because 1kg =2.2 lb and 1/5 of 12 is 2 roughly.

first thing to do is add all you flavours to the eggs then whisk it all together, then add the dry mix bit by bit till it gets to the right texture mixing constantly.

or the food processor method, stuff the eggs in the processor shells and all zap em thill the shells are well crushed, add flavours and colour (if any) zap it again, then add dry mix and zap it again till it forms a ball.
thoruoghly wash and dry the food procesor and hide it before the missus finds it. this last bit is very important because it keeps you sleeping in the house for the next week.

C

Cakey

time depends again on your equipment,we have big tables and can do 20k of bait in a morning,my mate can do that with his machines in half an hour,by hand 2 days

E

EC

I am not bothered about balls being perfectly round!

A very general number lads is all I need.............1pound of mix, eggs, rolling by hand, mixed size balls, how many hours?

C

Cakey

by hand can be quick .....you get cheesed off and roll bigger balls

J

jason fisher

it also depends on the size you want, 10mm foget it you will lose your sanity first, 20 mm about an afternoon 14 to 16 mm even with a small table takes me an afternoon.

E

EC

Come on lads, give me a number, plus or minus a few hours will do!

1 pound of mix, eggs, rolling by hand, mixed size balls, how long?