Minstral Boilies

A

Aaron Mcilwaine

Hi all,just wanted to know if any one uses any of the minstral boilie range.

The rosehip and remedy are what I am considering,would be grateful of any feed back,and information on what type of mix they are,flavour resemblance and what they smell of,thanks.

ByNasty

Reaction score
How do Aaron, I think you mean the mistral range? I have both rosehip and remedy in 14mm. They would both probably be classed as more of an attractor style bait rather than a food bait. Rosehip is an orangey coloured bait that smells kind of like candyfloss (I discovered the hard way it doesn't taste like it!), quite a sweet smelling bait, although when my fishing mate sniffed it he disagreed but couldn't place it. Remedy is bright red-pink and smell very faintly spicy (very faint though!) other than that it doesn't really have much of a smell. I've not fished them much yet so I can't really give you much idea of how they have been fishing but I know they have been very successful for a lot of other anglers.
Depending on what sort of venue and tactics you are planning it may be worth buying a handy pack of each size, they are only about ?3 and you get plenty enough for a few stringers worth.
Give 'em a good sniff and let me know what you reckon cos my sense of smell hasn't been the same since takin a big wiff of john baker's ala salar! Come to think of it neither has my short term memory!
Now where was I...........?

F

Frothey

brilliant readymades, the rosehip are a classic....got some air drying for france as we speak.....

Wooly

Reaction score
Aaron both the baits you have mentioned are superb carp catchers and have caught plenty of fish here and abroad. I'd never fish in France without them and have caught plenty of carp here on the Rosehip. Mistral also make probably the best pop ups available to man.
I think Alan Parberry at Mistral would probably disagree with the bit about them being attractor type baits. If you give him a ring I'm sure he will give you a bit more info on what they are / aren't.