Recognition for FISHINGmagic

W

Wolfman Woody

Thank you, thank you. Ladies and gentlemen.

It is truly a privilege to receive this commendation on behalf of FISHINGmagic.com. Unfortunately, our Editor, Graham Marsden cannot be with us today as he's off fishing somewhere.

I would like to thank Graham for his dedication to the site and to all the people at Magicalia who make it what it is today. I would particularly like to thank our sponsors, the advertisers without whom the site would not operate.

Most of all I would like to thank the members who through their postings on the forum make it such a great site to be a part of.

I'd like to thank my wife for being understanding in allowing me to spend so much time on it and to my children for leaving home and giving me the freedom to go fishing more often. I'd also like to thank my mother for having the wisdom to raise me and to my dog for staying beside me whilst I am .........

Get off my leg. Down boy!..... Sorry about this...........

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is just a suggestion, but would it be an idea to add a junior and Ladies section to the existing list of sections on the forum? Either separately or both together.

We have a young lad at the moment (fishface) who is doing okay, but others might feel more intimidated, as the Ladies might. A section of their own might encourage more members.

No adult males would be allowed to use this or these sections, apart from maybe one chosen adult male from the various disciplines of angling, i.e carp, match. specimen, or pleasure. to give advice if and only if asked, but not to act as a moderator.

I know some junior sections on other sites can get out of hand, this is just a thought. What do you think?

M

madpiker

good thought baz.and well done to all at fishing magic.this is the only fishing forum that i use.

W

Wolfman Woody

I got a better idea Baz. Why don't we all stop sniping at each other and using bad language? Debate topics by all mean, but don't resort to calling people "stupid" and other worse derogatory terms.

Write your posts like it's to your own 10 year old son. That way, maybe all 10 year old kids can enjoy the site!

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Well deserved recognition of FM. Definitely the best U.K. fishing forum.

I seem to remember that a couple of years ago there was a lady angler who was a prolific poster on this forum. I also remember that she had the hots for Matt Hayes.
She probably got scared off by monk's dirty habits. Just kidding.
Does anyone remember her name?

M

Mr. Uncredible

I think he might have meant me Baz, I am after an ex-t***!!!

Sorry Jeff last time I refer to that :O)

And hear-hear on the recognition thingy.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Baz wrote, "This is just a suggestion, but would it be an idea to add a junior and Ladies section to the existing list of sections on the forum? Either separately or both together."

Good idea, but I don't think it would work Baz. The ladies don't want to be segregated and treated as a separate species. After all, we're all anglers and should be treated as such regardless of gender.

A junior section is a better idea, but don't we cater for juniors with the 'Beginners and Improvers' section?

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's right Graham we already do.
And on second thoughts, a junior section could get very messy.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Definitely, most of the lads off the Baitbox section would migrate to it........

Sorry, couldn't resist it.