Axminster/Lyme Regis

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
I appear to be taking el Sproggo down to find a fossil or two at half-term (i.e. next week),and I'd be very grateful for suggestions as to where to sneak off to fish if I get the chance. Sea, game or coarse, but lure, fly or supermarket bait jobs preferred, to keep it simple (and the other relatives quiet).
All brainwaves gratefully recieved!

M

madpiker

plenty of scope for sea fishing in this area mate.lyme regis has a good beach to the right of the cobb,bass,pout mackerel etc of the beach.self hire boats are available as are inshore sea fishing trips,bookable at the harbour.west bay\bridport is just a few miles up the road(towards weymouth,you can book boat trips or fish chesil from this resort.if you want freshwater fishing,your best bet is to come up to somerset.taunton has a good tackle shop near to the station and can give you all the advice\day tickets you need

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Many thanks,Madpiker. Not sure I'll get enough time off for good behaviour to visit Taunton, but I'll definitely give the Cobb area a try, and agitate for a boat trip!

M

madpiker

no probs,i hope that you have a good time.you can fish off the cobb itself,but the sea bed is pretty snaggy.float fishing would probably catch mackerel and gars though.