perch fishing

gully44

Reaction score
hi iam looking for for some advice i was floatfishing on sunday with worms and caught 2 good perch about a pound in wait . i have been told they go to about 2 pound . iam going to target them tomorrow with worms got plenty also got some ground bait to attract small fish in . also got predator plus whats the best way to use it all advice would be greatful

Reaction score
Gully,

Looks like you are doing just about everything right. Chop a few worms into your groundbait. Look for lower light conditions -brilliant sunshine isn't normally advised but you just never know!!

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Predator plus liquid can be used in your groundait or a small squirt in your chopped worm and caster, also on maggots but just a few drops for 1 pint of maggots, preferably the night before.

jef bertels

Reaction score
If you ever struggle for perch bites on worm but you know the fish are there, don't neglect flavourings. I had a session this year where I was trotting lobworms thru a spot I know they shoal up but couldn't get bites.

It wasn't until I started flavouring (injecting) the worms I got bites. Lamprey worked well. When those bites stopped, I tried other fishy/meaty flavours to no avail. It wasn't until, in desperation, I used the last flavour that I hadn't yet tried that I started catching again - strawberry :)