Mice

J

john ledger

Last few weeks i have caught two or three mice in my garage. My house backs onto a field and my garage is separated from the house and we have never had a mouse in the house. I have tried two methods one the standard trap which i dont like because it kills them and the other the Humane trap which i dont like either because each time the mouse has come out looking wet and barely alive. The mice are field mice and i dont keep any bait in garage so i am wondering if baiting the trap is attracting them. My wife has 6 lots of bird nuts hanging of thr trees and saw a mouse on these. Obviously we dont want to kill them but on the other hand dont want them in the house. Anybody have any ideas

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Keep a muzzled cat.
Put up signs
Seriousley I don't know John. But you could try Jeyes Fluid or bleach around the floor perimeter.

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Try an ultrasonic sound emitting device!
Try a agric. supplier or good hardware shop [if there are any left]

Colin

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

A couple of months ago my little house was invaded with the darned things.

Bought 5 of the latest traps, baited them with peanut butter and wham bang crash.

Got over 50 in the week.

Haven't seen one for days now.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
If you don't leave food of any description in the garage they won't bother but if you are like me and keep bags of groundbait, pellets, dog biscuits etc for fishing, in there, they will keep coming back. I solved it by utilising an old kitchen unit, hanging it on the wall, and put all my stuff in there. No food equals no meeces mate.

J

john ledger

Peanut butter ,never heard of that Ron,obvously it has to be a Humane trap.
Thanks Colin and Baz i will give both ago.Dont know why they are coming or if they have a nest,quite like the little critters but dont want them in house.Just caught another

J

john ledger

Graham
Have some bait in garage but in those large plastic storage containers

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

My traps ARE humane.

They break the little buggers backs with one quick snap.

Completely painless!!!

Far more than being played around with by cats.

Y

yoggy

Buy a large container of pepper,sprinkle a good amount around the inside of your garage,that should see em off.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
john,perhaps if you played a medley of val doonican songs or des o`connor ones 24-7 it would keep the buggers away???
or even try placing a picture of that judge judy woman in full veiw of em-the horrid,rancid,jewish tit witch scares me to death(would you like her as a mother in law!!!)any self respecting mouse would be off like a flash.

J

john ledger

Nick even i would not inflict Des o Connor and Doonican on anybody. Might do it on the wife though

J

jason fisher

move house, to a place that doesn't have mice, the moon might do it, but the buggers would find you eventually.

T

Terry Comerford

John, a 21st century mouse is a very intelligent creature.
They come with every computer.
To find where you live they just click on file, then click on properties!

J

john ledger

These buggers are intelligent. I have just checked the traps and the bait has been removed without the trap going off,looks like superglue time

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Another excellent bait is plain brown bread. You stuff a bit in the holes of my traps.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is the one John. And it does work. I'd forgotten about it.

Get one of these large bottles that people collect pennies in.
smear the outside lip with strong smelling food, and put some food in the bottom of the bottle.
And smear the insides of the bottle with cooking oil, so they can't get out as they keep slipping back down.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Put the bottle on an angle. But make sure they can get up to the neck of it.

J

john ledger

Cheers Baz
If these buggers ever get in the house the wife will go ballistic and my obituary will be angler with 16metres of diaflash found stuck up his arse.
Terry caught that one on computer tell you what mate its got the longest tail i have ever seen

W

Wag

We had a mouse problem at our last house - same as you John it backed onto a field.

Having tried humane traps and the old fashioned snap types, I gave up and bought a couple of poison traps from B&Q. They're a box with a hole at each end and a foil pack of poisoned bait in the middle.

After a couple of days I thought I ought to check the boxes to make sure they were OK - in one of them the mice had pulled the bait packet out and made a bl**dy nest in the poison box!!!!

In the end a mate who works for Rentokil popped round and put down some proper gear. He also had look in the loft and cavity walls and found half a dozen other nests.

I hate harming wildlife, but sometimes you have to concede defeat.