Heyup Lee

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

In fact mate it's better written that some of the stuff in that weekly editored by another Lee (Surname) and written by a certain person who has the same name as he who wrote the first Gospel... :eek:)

Great stuff mate.

Just as it happened.

Now when can we have a session on the "Bower"?

I'll give you a bell.

(Us Sheffielders are just the best)

MarT

Reaction score
Lee, a brilliant and addictive read as ever.
well done mate.

I have never fished the Bower but have driven around it a few times,it is a beautiful part of the world, and the resevoir is an awesome sight.

S

swordsy

In fact the Bower is ideal for a fish-in as there are lots of nearby pubs and B&Bs, so if anyone wanted to make a whole day of it they wouldnt have to worry about getting blathered!

S

swordsy

Yeah, I decided to give myself early release, care in the community and all that stuff!

:O)

C

Clive Evans 1

Nice article Lee.

You certainly have a way with words, I could practically feel the wind on my face and smell the fish.

What a beautiful place to fish.

G

Gary Knowles 2

A nice piece Lee, like yourself fly fishing will never replace the way I like to fish but it is a nice alternative in spring.

I've fished the 'bower myself on a couple of occasions both times the water levels were pretty low making it look like a lunar landscape, it was freezing and pissed down all day (yes I was piking), and I blanked desperately on both occasions. Reading your article and looking at the photos brought home how a bad experience can put you off a water without any real justification. I may even take a trip down there for a day myself in the near future and see if I can't change my outlook on the place.

How much are the tickets (including boat) on there ?

G

Gary Knowles 2

and yeah, a fish in with an overnight stay in one of the pubs (isn't there one right by the fishery office?) would be a great idea...

H

Herr General Swordsy

?23 for a ticket and boat,Ron and me are on the sunday after next if you fancy a pre-season loosener?

M

Mr. Uncredible

Great article Lee - that's two pieces I've been more than well impressed by. IMHO you can get any book you like signed now! :eek:)

Re: 'Nice article Lee.

You certainly have a way with words, I could practically feel the wind on my face and smell the fish.' Ha ha - it appears that I chose the wrong way to try and wind you up in the past. Great stuff!!

Oh - and I don't sound too sycophantic myself now do I? :eek:)

H

Herr General Swordsy

Are you going to try the trent or bower with us this year?

M

Mr. Uncredible

Lee - just noticed other thread about the Trent Barbel fish-in. Can't make that date as I'm on nights and no leave left to take. :eek:(

I expect there'll be another one later in the year?

G

Gary Knowles 2

Would love to join you mate but I'll be in the Gambia with two mates sampling the sea fishing from boat and beach...

H

Herr General Swordsy

No its ?12.50 dayticket plus the boat is ?10.50 between two, so it works out about ?17 ish if you share a boat.

Not bad and now its june the bag limit is six

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

?17.75 each

'ish' is just not good enough lad.....

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Bloody good article Lee. Haven't fished for trout for years but still nice to read about it.
I've also only just picked up on Trent Barbel weekend thread. I'd loved to have joined you but my sister and brother in law are coming to stay with me that weekend. Perhaps next time.