Source base mix

Robbie H

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just bought a bag of this stuff to try out with my new rolling table. On the pack it says use 6 eggs. Is this to mix with the whole 1kg bag? I only use 4 for a 1/2 kg mix usually.
cheers

B

Barry Edney

Put your eggs into your bowl and then just add the base mix, a little at a time, until you get the consistency you require.

When you've finished you could weigh the remainder in the bag to find out exactly how much you have used.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
It will vary depending on egg size and if you use any other liquid flavours. I always mix my eggs first then start to add base mix. I have found with Source that it absorbs a lot of liquid after making so keep the mix quite moist if you are not rolling stright away or it will dry out.

Great mix and at ?6 a kilo you can't go wrong.

C

Cakey

They have done all the work for you including field testing.........why change anything ?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Cakey. I sometimes add some Barbel Serch 4 or Frost & Flood to my mix. I mainly use it for Barbel on the Ribble.

J

jason fisher

good flavour that barbel search 4, i've had loads of chub and bream on it, no soddin barbel but you can't have everything.

J

jason fisher

yep that and the frost and flood are both john baker flavours

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Just remember with these concentrated flavours to keep the levels you add low. The recomended dosage is 1/2 to 1 ml per egg. I have found if you overdose he flavour the fish shy away.

J

jason fisher

the barbel search 4 works well at just under 1ml per egg.