What about one

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I was actually organising for a test drive in the Lhamborgini, but after looking carefully at my bank balance, decided that it would be better buy a Porche when I retire instead

What about making a bespoke box for Rose, my 1999 Citroen Saxo Diesel?

How many fittings are necessary?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

You are only jealous of the superb engineering technology in my diesel Citroen Graham.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Err, a porsche Ron? Do you have a death wish? I've driven a friend's 911 a few times and it was ugly and so unstable and skittish on corners I swore that even if I could afford it I'd never buy one. You'd be far better off with a TVR or a Lotus Esprit but as you're so rich I'd personally recommend an Aston Martin. Superior roadholding, powerful 6 litre V12 engine, sumptious interior and external looks to die for.

K

Kevin Perkins

Frank

Have to agree with you regarding the Porche. The one in the picture behind the Lamborghini is a four wheel drive Turbo, and the last time I saw in on the track it was going sideways past my window in a cloud of tyre smoke as the drver outbraked himself trying to get away from me into a corner (at an approach speed of around 160mph)- and that driver was an ARDS instructor! The Aston is a fabulous car, but it is a big old front engined lump,not the best comdination of inertia/adhesion and the 'flappy paddle' gearchange will shake out your fillings/dentures on the upchange.

Surely exotic cars have to be mid-engined, multi-cylindered (rules out the Lotus) and Italian (sorry, TVR)- don't they?

Start new dream car thread now.........

Regards

Kevin

M

Mr. Uncredible

Agree Kevin - thread ends here - Ferrari! No contest....

Unless someone else has another view..