tench hooks

Reaction score
whats your favorite alround tench hook? my favorite is drennan specimen crystal,its a great hook for float fishing!

Joskin

Reaction score
All depends on what hook bait I am fishing with.

Reaction score
thats true but some hooks is quite good alround hooks=). Whats your favorit boilie hook for tench fishing? size? brand? etc thanks!

Joskin

Reaction score
I dont use boilies for tench fishing I have always had more sucsess using naturals like Corn, caster and maggot. For caster I use size 16 Drennan Carbon chubb and for Corn and maggot I use size 14 Fox Match.

J

jason fisher

corns just the sort of thing you find growing round your average english lake int it

Reaction score
In most cases I use sweet coorn/maggots for tench fishing but reasonly I found a new fishing spot, but the problem is that its packed with roach and rudd. I tried everything too get rid of this problem exept boilies. Does anyone have any suggestion on wich hook to use, hook size, boilie flavour, size of bolie etc thanks!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Aaaah, but mine is spelt right (Drenon).
Have you seen that yogurt advertisement on the telly?
Hmmm, Drenon. (Dannen) Get it?? hahaha.

Fishing Gimp

Reaction score
When Tench and Carp fishing on the lead i use size 8 Owners.

On the waggler size 16 - 14 then Drennan specimen do the job.

On the pole i use Kamasan or Tubertini 808's if i can get hold of them size 18 down.

For the fly i use Partridge nymph hooks and for dries the dry fly hooks.

J

jason fisher

you on about danone now or some thing.
or have you gone pottyer.

Joskin

Reaction score
Sorry should have made it clearer for the likes of jason. I seem to have more sucsess on natural baits like Corn, Maggot, Caster etc as opposed to man made baits such as boilies.

Sorry Jason I wasnt alowing for you with my first reply about using boilies.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
jos,
You will have to type more slowly if you want jason to undrstand you mate.

J

jason fisher

it's not my fault that he made out that fish find corn round lakes naturally.

Reaction score
Fly fishing for tench sound really interessting, maybe ill pick up my old fly rod againg and give it a go =) which flyes do you use?!

Fishing Gimp

Reaction score
Fly fishing for tench can be done. i took it up just to prove it can be done and to boost my tally of coarse fish to the fly.
The trick, if their is such a thing, is to find the tench, who very obligingly give themselves away with feeding bubbles or porpoising at dawn. Cast out a nymph with a long leader about 15-20 ft long and at least 6lb bs of fluorocarbon and figure of eight retrieve slowly across where you think the tench are. Sometimes they will grab it and then the fun begins. On a 6/7 wt set up the power of even modest tench is awesome and much more fun than reeling them in with 3lb test curve rods etc.

I'm sure there are other techniques that work but i haven't tried them yet! As to the flies, so far my own design Black Betty nymph seems to work as does the familiar PTN and i'm sure the Daiwl Bach will work. Give it a go and surprise yourself with a lovely tinca on the fly - good luck and have fun.