Here We Go Then!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Some of us saw it coming, others didn't!

This winter has been one of the dryest on record!

The climate is changing, we better get used to it!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Who the hell would want to use a hosepipe?

All our reservoirs in Yorks and Derbyshire are full. I think we should charge the southerners ?15 a litre.

They can afford it.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

You're so right Ron. With all the rain we've had lately a hosepipe is the last thing I need to use.
And for your information the only reason us southeners earn more is because we have to pay more for everything than you northeners.

P

paul williams 2

Sourthern water is special though Ron.....well at least London water is, it is well matured having passed through at least four other Londoners, when you drink it!!!............i'm glad that in my part of the counntry we made a deal with Wales!

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Then of course being a southerner that means my pension is more than yours as a northerner?

Just think yourself lucky us southerners don't charge you for using the roads south to civilisation.

Colin :):)

T

The Monk

haha, yeah, who`d want to drink water that had passed through a southerner? especially an Essex girl

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

But at least we sell far more water filters in the south than the north. London water is bloody awful.

J

jason fisher

, yeah, who`d want to drink water that had passed through a southerner? especially an Essex girl

depends which doddgy video shops you've been in recently.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hardly surprising - last weekend Mark and I walked a couple of miles of the Upper Stour and it was the lowest I have ever seen it at this time of the year.

The Avon, Nadder and Wylyie were a little low but not as bad as the Stour which is a bit strange.

J

jason fisher

still got that stream running down the path past my front door, then again it has only not rained for one day in the last couple of months and it was raining as i left at 6am this morning.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

11.30 a.m. and it's pissing down here.
Can't see the use of the hosepipe for some time yet. Still the rivers should be okay for opening day.
Only 11 days to go. YIPPEEE!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
There must be a real North-South divide on rainfall. We truely haven't had any serious rainfall yet, we've had drizzle and unbelievable Hail stones(which have broken many poly carb conservatory roofs) but no serious amounts of sustained rainfall.

Very strange! Maybe Global Climate change?

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Well I'm pleased to tell you that the aquifers around Cambridge are brimming full of crystal clear water. And of course being generous southerners we actually share our water with our Essex neighbours at no charge.

It's raining here as well!!

Grafham, Rutland, Pitsford and Ravensthorpe reservoirs are all brimming full as well.

Trout as well as water.

Colin :)

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You are all fudging the subject.
The reservoirs are full, it hasn't stopped raining for weeks blarty blarty bla.
There is a hospipe ban so stop making your excuses and stick to the law.
If I see anybody they will be reported.

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Does the hosepipe ban still apply if you are on a water meter??

Is there a hosepipe ban in the Cambridge Water Company area?

My car badly needs a wash!

Colin

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

I've got 2 150 gallon water butts that are fed from one of the down pipes and the buggers are overflowing at least 3 times a week.