beginner..!

Sean Pia

Reaction score
Hey, i posted a thread in the coarse forum but then saw this and decided to write one on this too. I've just started fishing, i live in Edinburgh. Do any of you know good fisheries around the area that i could check out? Any advice would be great.

thanks

J

James Townsend

Hi Sean, I live about as far away as possible from you so not really able to suggest venues - having said that a good starting point would be the Angler's Mail or Angling Times, they both have a where to fish section every week. As for tips, you should find out loads just looking around on here. Good luck with your new sport and watch out - it's addictive!

Sean Pia

Reaction score
Hi James

yeah i have bought a few fishing magazines in the past, they mostly contained venues in England but they do provide some useful hints and tips. I agree, fishing is addictive. I've never caught a specimin, in fact i've never caught anything other than mackrel from a pier and trout from a stream but theres just something about fishing that i love.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
How about having a chat with your local tackle dealers, possibly many of them will be geared up for game fishing but still a decent starting point I would have thought.

Sean Pia

Reaction score
Thanks, that site is really useful. I think i'm going to give markle a try. I'll let you guys know if i had a good day or not.

thanks for the help