Old?? Tackle

M

Mr. Uncredible

My workmate has been given some old tackle to sort through. Wouldn't have thought it worth much but there are three or four reels and a 13' rod which I think might have been used for beachcasting.

Multipliers:

Intrepid Sea Streak made by KP Morritt Ltd.

Gilfin Model 1100?

Small bait casting reel called
No. 4700 Level Wind Casting Reel. This is still brand new in it's box with instruction paperwork.

Fixed Spool which is a ugly beast called 'KP Morritt Intrepid Surfcast. Not in great condition but who knows maybe a collector can advise if any interest would be forthcoming?

Fibre glass 13' rod which is about 1" diameter directly above the cork handle but the label has rubbed off now so can't identify makers name. Only print that's readable is a 13' Tubular Fibreglass but it comes an old rod bag with a handsewn label 'F.T. Williams & Co Ltd of Walton-on-Thames'.

Anyone help with any of this?

M

madpiker

i`ve been told that intrepid sea streak reels are collectable.i would tell your mate to get it all valued,as there are plenty of collectors of old tackle.

Fishing Gimp

Reaction score
Why not put it on Ebay and see what happens!
Probably the most valuable item is the Sea Streak worth about?20-25 the other stuff is probably not worth that much altogether.

The rod will only be worth anything if it is a Hardy or Allcocks. The Hardy fibre-glass rods are easy to identify as they used a Fibatube blank which used to be Dark Brown.