Spicy Shrimp and Prawn??

Guy Baxendale 2

Reaction score
I have recently won some of the new Frank Warwick High attract boilies in the Spicy Shrimp and Prawn Flavour.

Has anyone used these? Are they any good?

I am prebaiting a stretch of the Thames for the open of the season and was contemplating trying these on one of the rods? Can trickle a few in with the maize etc over the next week but wanted an opinion on them first.

Cheers
Guy

C

Chub King

They should be great on the river Guy. Terry Hearn fished the Thames last winter and caught over The Source boilies. Try a mixture of minis and midis, 1kg per rod should do the business. Just hope you don't get breamed out mate. There doesn't seem to be a bait snottys won't eat. The Spicy Shrimp and Prawn stink and river carp will definitely like em.

Guy Baxendale 2

Reaction score
Cheers - Just wish they did a gobstopper size one now - will definitly get hammered by Bream on 10 and 15mm - think a double 20mm might be in order - not that it will stop them either.

C

Chub King

They do the Halibut boilies in bigger sizes Guy, and The Source. Dynamite are very affordable, as are Nash. Although they are expensive, you can't beat Mainline freezer baits in my opinion (and no I'm not sponsored or getting freebies). Maple-8, Fusion and the new pineapple numbers are all excellent. But probably unnecessary on the river in all honesty.
Try fishing a spicy shrimp and prawn pop-up on a 'chod rig' - a 2-3 inch stiff D-rig tied to a ring swivel set up helicopter-style on a metre of lead-core. Terry Hearn had great success on the river with this rig. Pop-up might dissuade the bream (but probably not).