Best carp mainline

Carpfish_2004

Reaction score
Im re spooling my shimano carp reels and wondering what to buy. They did have berkley trilene big game brown 12lb line but i found it a bit springy, handled carp well though. I seem to be edging towards Diawa sensor brown 12lb.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
How much is the krystonite and what b/s's does it come in?

Has anyone used the fox soft steel? This seems to get a good write up and is very cheap.

G

Gary Knowles 2

I use Krystonite for nearly all my fishing now.

It comes in 6, 8, 10, 12, 15 and 18.

F

Frothey

krystonite, excelon or powerpro, depending on the situation.....

Big Mart

Reaction score
I don't like the Soft Steel, too springy. I replaced it for 15lb Krystonite, top decision as it works well.

As for the Daiwa Sensor Brown, I use the 8lb for all my floater work. Great line if you're on a budget as the Krystonite is about 17 quid for a bulk spool.

C

Chub King

Daiwa Sensor is good stuff. As is Big Game. For snag fishing 15lb Berkley Big Game is great and takes some beating. Daiwa Infinity Duo is also pretty good stuff, expensive though. Don't forget Maxima too - stuff sinks like a rock - and also makes good hooklink material. Krystonite is also very good though, as virtually everyone on this site will tell you.

Tarquin

Reaction score
Shimano Technium is a very good line especially in 12lb. Less stretchy than most mono's which will improve casting and feel better playing fish.

Daniel Costache

Reaction score
I use Shimano Technium and Berkley Big Game. The first one is my favourite and i don't think i'll need anything very soon. I've tried Kristonyte but Shimano it looks to me that is better.

T

Tom Craven

Suffix Synergy or Stren for longish distance;
ESP for close in work.

Used to love Fox Soft Steel but the last lot I bought is "sticky" and springy in the 15lb.
Spooled up now with 15lb Suffix and 14lb STREN.

Yorkie

Reaction score
As a Yorkshireman I lean toward keen prices constantly!!!

You can't go wrong with Daiwa Sensor in 12 & 15lb BS.
Strong, very abrasion resistant.
I spool up with the spool in a bucket of hot water as it tends to remove a lot of the memory from the line and does give good line lay on the reel.