Non Essential Essentials

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
So what are your 'non essential essentials'?

Mine's a radio and a bottle of hand sanitiser.

F

Frothey

radio definately.

still cant work out why i take a camera though....

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it might be easier for me to say I don't take any non essentials with me at all.
All I take is a bag full of possibles.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Basildon, you forgot to mention the Vaseline and a bag of sweets.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Small first aid kit, camera, binoculars (very small and very old) hip flask, spare lighter and matches, mossie sting pencil and spare glasses.

W

Wolfman Woody

Rods, reels, line, hooks, weights, bait, groundbait, all the stuff normally used to catch fish. All non-essentials, just excuses for being on the bank.

Essentials: good long backed chair (prefereably reclining), umbrella to keep the wind and rain off, stove if you want fresh coffee, bottle of Ricard and fresh water otherwise, my little tape player and radio and earpieces, and grub. Or take Wol and let him cook for you! Get out there, pig out and sleep it off. No need for anything else.

H

Herr General Swordsy

radio (clockwork)

beer

good congnac

even better single malt!

Jonathan Whitham

Reaction score
The mobile phone would NOT be included in my list - that way the wife can't call me home early.

H

Herr General Swordsy

Ahh, you take the phone BUT turn it off!

Then if she does call just act plain innocent and say you were conserving the battery as it was running low.

T

The Monk

Phew, so much really, eeerrr, DVD player, playstation, satalite dish, laptop, drinks cabinet, sun tan oil, dish washer (she doesnt come all the time though), bivvy slipper selection storage rack

Nothing better than a rod, and bag, stalking and roving kit, travel light

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Most of my non-essentials are extra rods, reels and tackle just in case my intended quarry isn't playing ball and I need to switch to another specie.
It's a wonder I don't get a hernia trying to carry it all.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Hot flask with tea in winter. Cold flask with freshly crushed orange juice in summer.

I love orange juice.

J

jason fisher

can't stand orange juice unless it's in a zombie.

my little radio to listen to the cricket.

T

The Monk

take his card Baz!,
conspiracy to listen to a radio without ear plug

Peter Knight

Reaction score
Half a dozen pairs of forceps..... I once got caught without and it will never happen again!

I am surprised to see so many take a radio. Each to their own of course but I really don't want to hear from the world when I'm fishing.