Wading through the little `uns!!

Foxy

Reaction score
I have just joined a little syndicate water for a year. Two pools both fairly small and both are used quite a lot by the match lads :(, and pleasure fisherman (hmmm).

Both pools have a good head of fish, but i was drawn there because they have two thirtys and a good 10-15 mid - upper twentys. Im having real trouble wading through the little uns` to get at the big girls. I know i will ger some / all of them sooner or later, just wondering if anyones got any tips to try and single out the big girls...

Limited options really, boilies banned, heavy leads banned, braid banned etc etc

Ive triend pellets / fake corn wrapped in tennis ball size paste bombs as a last reosrt and had some very good results!!

any ideads chaps?

Foxy

Robbie H

Reaction score
What about trying method ball and very long link, say 3 feet. saw this in a carp mag. Aparently fooled the larger carp that hung back from the smaller ones feeding on the method ball.
Worth a try, maybe?

Foxy

Reaction score
Robbie,

Have tried this with varying degrees of success. Fished the water again friday night through saturday and had 27 fish, biggest being 19lb. Think its just a matter of time on the bank before i get through to the big girls!

ATB

FOXY

T

The Monk

yes, fish away from a baited area, ie throw a PVA bag out and fish a few feet away from it, as the smaller fish move in, the larger fish will hang back and take things from the edges of the area, alternatively fish away from spod offerings