Garlic Dip or Oil

jcs

Reaction score
Garlic Dip or Oil anyone know of a good online site to get some from.
Going to soak some bait in it ready for the colder months.
Thanks

Nigel (manu31999)

richiekelly

Reaction score
have you looked in your local asda/tesco that sort of place or health shops most have a wide range of oils,they will probably need cutting with something though

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
A young angler out with me just the other day took a 24lb 10oz mirror
on raw garlic chopped up and placed in a Fox Armour mesh bag.

IMG_0587.JPG

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Was he using raw garlic as hookbait Ian? I've often thought it should be a cracking hook-bait for almost all bottom feeders

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
I've been using Fox Arma-mesh for quite a while for most paste fishing, meat, or soft baits, especially creamier cheese's, squeeze until bait is oozing through mesh, it's uses are endless, and bait can be prepared at home, I fasten mine with dental floss, hook through the mesh and jobs a good-un.

Leave a longer tail when trimming off, place hook through, and it's akin to a hair rig.

I assume Ian meant he was using the Garlic on the hook in an Arma-Mesh bag in the manner i've described above.

Last edited:

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Greg had a jar of raw garlic already stripped and soaking in a liquid. He stated he had a number of pick ups on the Thames when he had tried it so I thought why not. Th garlic was very soft and would not stay on the hair so I cut a bulb up and forced it into a small arourmesh stocking to make a garlic bait ball of about 12mm-15mm dia. This was simple put onto a hair chucked out with a small PVA mesh bag of pellets to stop the rig from tangling.

IMG_7353.JPG

This is the same thing but with Curried baked beans on the arourmesh bag

IMG_7337.JPG

and this is strwaberrys

gentle

Reaction score
If its a garlick smell yoru after then id recomend having a go at the horse feed additives available in feed shops. 3£ will get you a fair sized tub of molasses and garlic extract. Its perfect for adding to boilie mix, paste, groundbait and also your stick/spod mix. The mix of sugars and garlick seem to work well in the colder months.

noknot

Reaction score
If its a garlick smell yoru after then id recomend having a go at the horse feed additives available in feed shops. 3£ will get you a fair sized tub of molasses and garlic extract. Its perfect for adding to boilie mix, paste, groundbait and also your stick/spod mix. The mix of sugars and garlick seem to work well in the colder months.
Did you not see my post Gentle? As this is an awesome attracter all year round, and cheap as chips! Buy a bottle, you will not regret it, but your friends might:p

gentle

Reaction score
Did you not see my post Gentle? As this is an awesome attracter all year round, and cheap as chips! Buy a bottle, you will not regret it, but your friends might:p

Er.......yes of course I saw your post but decided I could look less like a dangler if I made my own post and pretended I didnt see yours......

Naw mate i really didnt. Glad Im using the same tactics as a great man like you. I did quite well with the molasses garlick on a1 pits this weekend. Only stockies from pit 3 but when it wasnt fishing for many other people i managed 3 and another 3 lost fish. Not bad for a northern lad. On top of that drove home listening to the Mackems getting a sound thrashing from the toon.....cherry on cake huzzah!