Fishing Line Which Should i get?

Jamie Critchley

Reaction score
Hi all,

i have recently bought the new Shimano Big Baitrunner long cast reels and i am wondering which line is best to put on them?

ive looked at the GR-60 and a few others but cant make my mind up!

so any advice on some good line that would be worth a try,would be grateful.

thanks

J

James Townsend

Sufix Xcelon Clear has a very good abrasion resistance, very supple (low memory) and low (ish) stretch. I?ve used 8 12 & 15lb and I think it?s available in 20lb. I use it for barbel and carp and would definitely recommend it.

Alnath

Reaction score
Go read the reviews on Krystonite, thats enough to convince anyone.

L

Les Clark

Jamie ,I was useing gr60 last year but found it a bit thickish (15 lb )plus springy ,Im on the Krystone now ,cant find fault with it so far.

C

Chub King

Diawa Infinity Duo in 10lb combined with a shockleader would be excellent for long range casting with a big pit reel (unless of course it's snaggy and weedy, in which case 12 or 15lb worth a go).
Really is great line. Being a bit dense recently I went for a super-long chuck with a 3oz distance lead and forgot to take the bail arm off (never done it before, don't know what came over me). Had no shock leader on but the line still survived (took a bit off the clutch though as it buried in the lake at the end of the rod!). Only thing damaged was my pride!