Cheesepaste

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
You might want to search FM for old threads on this subject.I certainly recall posting the a similar heading some time ago and the response was quite good!

Someone else may have this info.........

Good luck!

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I use the same as Paul H 9 Except I cry when the stilton goes in) and I add a tub of parmanse (ok can't spell) cheese - the ready grated stuff in a tub that supermarkets sell

michaels

Reaction score
As previously mentioned by Paul H, it’s with pastry & cheddar, but at the cheese counter, I found some stinking bishop, that was due to expire. I mixed that, with the aforementioned and the barbel & chub loved it. It must be due to the subtle rich smell. If you have not smelt this cheese give it a try!

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
The most simple way is to spread any cheese spread/soft cheese like Dairylea onto bread. This can also be done with any spread, beaf, crab, pork and ham, liver etc. Take several and see which catches the fish. Don't forget the marmite or chocolate spread.

quickcedo

Reaction score
The only thing to remember if Chub are the target is the paste should be firm enough to stay on the hook but soft enough not to come back when you retrieve the rig. Great advice from Peter Stone. He also made his with bread and cheese (Danish blue and chedder)as he thought the pastry mix was too stiff.

bigchub

Reaction score
Trust me when I say that the longer you leaver cheese paste after you make it the better it will be. Make it a couple of months before you need to use it and it should have a really stinky vomit like smell and look a greeny yellowy colour. I believe this is due to the natural level of n-butyric acid in the cheese increasing over time thus making it more attractive to the fish especially the chub.

Oh and don't forget the garlic! :D

quickcedo

Reaction score
Trust me when I say that the longer you leaver cheese paste after you make it the better it will be. Make it a couple of months before you need to use it and it should have a really stinky vomit like smell and look a greeny yellowy colour. I believe this is due to the natural level of n-butyric acid in the cheese increasing over time thus making it more attractive to the fish especially the chub.

If you tell everyone about the garlic we'll have to come up with something else. Stupid boy:wh

quickcedo

Reaction score
Freshly crushed for me, not that dried stuff. Nothing but the best for my Chub. If I'm feeling really kind also add 2 drops of N-But. The wife loves the smell sooooooo much.

gentle

Reaction score
Dare I say it......

Cheap white bread.... stodgy stuff with lots of additives. Cheap processed slices cheese. Kneaded until its all a stiff ball.

Perfik!

Keep ma nice cheese for my ample belly.

A

alan whittington

I once had a large ball of cheese paste(danish blue and bread),which i made for the last weekend of the season,now i always wrap my c.paste in foil,i went fishing then forgot it was in my bag,come the new season it was opened up and had formed a 'rind' around it,so i left it in a large bait box until the winter,needless to say it was excellent,i think the chub like the flavour of decay,i was thinking of trying mackerel paste,but the missus would lock me out.:wh

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I once had a large ball of cheese paste(danish blue and bread),which i made for the last weekend of the season,now i always wrap my c.paste in foil,i went fishing then forgot it was in my bag,come the new season it was opened up and had formed a 'rind' around it,so i left it in a large bait box until the winter,needless to say it was excellent,i think the chub like the flavour of decay,i was thinking of trying mackerel paste,but the missus would lock me out.

I did the same recipe a couple of years ago when I was doing a lot of chub fishing. I had a ball of it the size of a large grapefruit. Once it had reached a suitable state of putrefaction I froze it after each trip and it lasted ages. The down side was that you didn't fancy your sandwiches after handling it. The chub had no such qualms though.

will spencer

Reaction score
one pound of cheddar,half pound of stilton,one tub of grated parmesan.gently melt the cheddar and stilton in the microwave add the parmesan and four good tablespoons of crushed hemp.

bigchub

Reaction score
Freshly crushed for me, not that dried stuff. Nothing but the best for my Chub. If I'm feeling really kind also add 2 drops of N-But. The wife loves the smell sooooooo much.

A little dab behind the ears does it for me. What is that alluring fragrance your wearing today dear?................

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I don't bother with paste, I use the cheese on it's own, Stilton or a good mature.

I stick it in the freezer, when i go take it out, stick it on the hook and away you go. This works for Barbel also, they seem to like the Stilton.

A

alan whittington

Really Ray,ive only ever caught one barbel(that i can remember)on cheese,ive fluked more on bread flake.

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
Fished the Trent last weekend and persevered with pellet/boilies with only twitchy bites all Friday afternoon, Sat was going the same way, until I remembered a pack of Lidl oak smoked softish cheddar I had. Instant positive bites, two small barbel about 5lb-ish, then a fish that broke my 10lb H/L and another two good fish where the hook pulled out. Going back to buy up the remaining stock as I've found Lidl don't usually continue a line too long.

For cheese paste I usually stick with the Peter Stone method

Also noticed they are doing mens winter boots next week, look good at just under £20 and appear to have plenty of ankle support (just right for us old drop aparts)
UK_54471_01_b.jpg

Description
Sturdy outdoor boots with warm textile lining
Insole with an insulating aluminium layer
With 3M Scotchlite™ reflective details for improved visibility
Non-slip sole
Available in black or grey
Sizes: 7 - 11

Last edited: