Tackle shops!

Steve Hall

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
ive just been on a short break to norfolk and whilst travelling to different areas i visited quite a few decent tackle shops, Now i promissed the wife i woudnt go fishing and it was purely a nice relaxing break for us both so going too the tackle shops was the nearest i was going too get for my angling fix, Now my point i cannot go into any tackle shop without buying something even if its new hooks or line, i went into around six different shops and bought something in each one, is this an obsession or is this just normal for us??
half the things i buy i probrably wont use, i suppose im just an angling junky with no known cure.
Mind you i did get my own back on all the times my missus has dragged me through endless shoe shops and the like, The amount of time i spent in the tackle shops with her by my side i bet she wishes i had gone fishing now!! that will teach her!!!

M

madpiker

well if there`s a tackle shop in the street,it`s gotta be browsed!!!!!!!!
saying that,there`s one tackle shop in my local town(taunton)that i refuse to go into,because,in my opinion,the owner is a pike hating,crap selling conman!the other tackle shop in the town has just been taken over by a new chap,who is a genuine decent sort of bloke.

W

Wolfman Woody

It's research.

It's not good enought to just browse around their stock, that's pretty much the same in every other tackle store. What you need to know is how polite the owner and staff are when you come to buy soemthing and there's no other way around that other than to buy something.

Your wife (no-one's wife) will understand this, but what you discover will be a topic of conversation with fellow anglers for years to come. They just don't understand us.