'kinell

J

James Townsend

Never a truer word spoken in jest? I think not.
Kevin, another piece that made me smile with just the right amount of edge. Nice one.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Kevin, you've surpassed yourself with this one.
As James has already said "many a true word spoken in jest" and you really hit the nail on the head regarding "real carp fishing".

J

James Townsend

I can?t remember where I saw or heard this but there was a story of carp anglers tackle tart mentality (...and I?m guilty of that I can tell you) that made me smile. Some tackle shop workers were discussing how the Fox brand name would sell anything and decided to test how far they could go to prove this. So by removing the items from a legitimate Fox bag and replacing the contents with 10 tea bags they made a prominent display at the counter. Their advertising display behind this ?new line? was:
FOX TEABAGS ? FOR THE LONG STAY ANGLER
They sold a pack for a quid!

W

Wolfman Woody

Blackberry and Haddock boilies? So that's where I've been going wrong.

When you meet Kevin his facial expression is often blank, occasionally wearing a small wry smile for no reason that would seem obvious (unless he's thinking of Amanda perhaps). What is not evident from glancing at him is that his brain is thrashing around with all manner of foolish and comical incidents that one day he can recall to include in one of these pieces.

Brilliant Kevin, stonkingly brilliant.

Jim Gibbinson

Reaction score
As a carp angler of many years, I'd like to be able to contradict Kevin's assertions.

But I can't....

They're all so very true!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Absolutey Brilliant Kevin.

Now what I should do is get Fox to market my Bivvy Bog Roll in Realtree with a picture of Jewels and a carp on every sheet.

K

Kevin Perkins

Dear All

Thanks for the kind words. I had taken a few weeks off from writing, not through choice, just couldn't seem to find anything 'funny' to ramble on about. I even started to look back through the AA archive for inspiration, and also to try and find something I haven't covered before (have there really been 110 articles!)

Anyway, if I can keep up the standard, I will continue to churn out my comments on the world of angling, as I see it.

Jeff
Nice of you to think there is something going on behind that blank expression - that's not usually the case, I can assure you! Oh, and Amanda will be at the Henley Regatta this week, as a guest of the Mayor, if that will help you to pick her out. Another clue is she will be wearing a wide brim hat, and of course, she is naturally blonde, but you know that, don't you......

Jim
Can I just say that I really appreciate it when someone of your standing in the angling fraternity
a)Takes the time to read the innane writings of someone like me and
b)Furthermore, takes the time to comment on those ramblings
Thankyou

Ron
Probably about time TickleTackle had a look atyour bog roll. Difficult screwing a holder to the side of a bivvy,(nowhere for the Rawlplugs to get a grip)so to start with, designing a holder will give them something to work on....

Regards

Kevin

C

Clive Evans 1

'King heck, Kevin!
I think you've just shaved a few points off your Pension Plan Potential with this one.

Dont go taking candy from a carper, mate. It might contain one or two more of those unpronouncable chemicals.

W

Wolfman Woody

"she is naturally blonde"

Hmmm, will have to go along with that walking stick of mine with the mirror on the bottom.

I thought Henley was in three weeks time - are you trying to throw me off scent?

Clikfire

Reaction score
Good one Kevin, now I know I could never go down the specimen route !!

Because I would then be:

Clive King King Carping,

much to hard to say let alone do.

H

Herr General Swordsy

Kevin you set the targets at which I always try to aim king-genius mate!

K

Kevin Perkins

Jeff

I will defer to your knowledge of all things relating to Old Father Thames particularly the timing of the Regattas. Perhaps Amanda just said she was doing something with the Mayor at/of Henley.

Anyway, the mirror on the walking stick would imply that you are aware that the lady in question almost certainly goes 'Commando' at these events to avoid that hideous fashion faux pax, the dreaded VPL, but latest news from Steve is that she now favours a certain full 'South American' tonsorial arrangement (cooler in the summer)
so that method of confirming her identification would not help......

Regards

Kevin

L

Les Clark

Kevin ,one of your best mate and `im sorry to say as a old carp boy a lot of truth in it ,still all good fun ,keep them comeing mate ,got to go and catch a train to Henley now.