Boddington Lakes

Martin Girdwood

Reaction score
I have been asked to stand in (at fairly short notice) to fish a match for work at Boddingtons Lakes in Northampton. Since the last coarse match I fished was some 15 years ago can anyone give me some advice on this venue - I believe its mainly carp

Thanks

Martin

Joskin

Reaction score
Method Feeder and bagging waggler will be the order of the day at this time of year.

The majority of Carp are around the 5-6lb mark and the reservoir is full of them. You wont catch much else other than Carp unless you go for Roach but at this time of year you wont normaly come anywhere with 20lb of Roach.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
martin,i fished a match there a good few weeks ago now.it didnt fish that well,probably cos the weather was unsettled at the time???
most folk were fishing method feeder,groundbait feeders and poles.
i was using pva bags full of pellets used in conjuction with anchor bds leads and alternating between hair rigged corn,meat and popped up corn and a buch of maggots on the hook.
most folk were fishing close in but because i was using speci type tackle i was casting a bit further than most.i landed 3 carp for about 15lb or so if i remember right and i lost 2 others.
one word of warning though,the bankside is made up from rocks and boulders and you need to be a mountain goat to traverse your way to the waters edge.so it goes without saying that it can be a problem with banksticks etc.
there are two car parks,each at either end of the dam wall and depending where your match is pegged,it can be a bloody long walk especially if your laiden down with stuff.it might be a case of dumping your stuff as near to your pegs as possible and then parking up and walking back to it.
i hope this is of some help to you martin??? anymore questions,then feel free to e-mail/ask on this thread.
all the best.....good luck