Free Fishing

sawyers663

Reaction score
Well were do we start,were's your nearest free fishing venues.I mean all you need is your tackle,bait and transport,no day tickets oops nearly forgot your rod license.

Heres mine

RIVER HULL virtually all of it descent fishing
BROOMFLEET PONDS track to it not so good 4x4 needed descent fishing
RIVER HUMBER(Sea Fishing) good in winter

Catfishingham

Reaction score
River/wier, About 100 yards from my house.
Pic's attached ?? And in My album.

Catfishingham

Attachments

• River Near My House 013.jpg
    River Near My House 013.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 71

kamen

Reaction score
Embankment, Rever Nene at Peterborough, great bream fishing opposite the mill....if they decide to feed. 15 mins walk for me, 5 if I had stayed at home with mum and dad :wh

The Sogster

Reaction score
I have the choice of the South Yorkshire Navigation Canal, the Don and the Rother all within a mile.
So a choice of all species bar ruffe and salmon - although salmon are allegedly returning below Doncaster

Catfishingham

Reaction score
Hi Mates, Sorry for my useless post, seems I don't know how to post pictures and my album has been deleted. I will have to create a new album. In the meen time any one wanting to see pic's of my venues can em me at kc8vfe@oh.rr.com.

Tight lines, Cat :)
Ps. I welcome new friends.

gentle

Reaction score
River Wear at Durham. Free stretch good for chub, trout, dace and the occasional surprise coarse fish. Theres a good run of migratory if you have the license.

Castletown dene pond at Hylton castle in sunderland. Had a 2.5lb roach. Bit of a pester spot from kids though.

Cassop pond. Plenty of nice tench.

Just a few ideas for anyone in NE england.

sawyers663

Reaction score
River Wear at Durham. Free stretch good for chub, trout, dace and the occasional surprise coarse fish. Theres a good run of migratory if you have the license.

Castletown dene pond at Hylton castle in sunderland. Had a 2.5lb roach. Bit of a pester spot from kids though.

Cassop pond. Plenty of nice tench.

Just a few ideas for anyone in NE england.

Well i'm same side of country just a bit below you,well worth keeping in mind your venues

gentle

Reaction score
PM me if you want some winter chub. Im a member of durham city too so I can get you a day ticket for the club stretches. Theres damn fine chub at Prebends in durham city. If your that close id take a look at DurhamAnglers club waters. £50 for a year for loads of good river stretches and the brasside carp and coarse complex. Awesome value.

bendsomecane

Reaction score
Chaps the vast majority of the river dearne in south yorks is free as long as you have valid EA Licence. It holds good stocks of chub and barbel dace and roach. Although it is under threat from EA plans to introduce canoes on the river. The EA also plan to commence on 25.10.10 extensive flood defence work from the upper dearne looking right through to its confluence with the Don.

Basically what this means is cutting down of trees and bankside vegetation, so youre regular chub/barbel spots will be destroyed.

bendsomecame

also known as Barnsleyandy.

stikflote

Reaction score
nearest free fishing for me would be at Nottingham 16 mile away,
there is ,no free fishing round Derby

tortoise100

Reaction score
Sorry for pointing the obvious but there is a web site called free fishing and there is some good free fishing in derby the derwent has some good barbel and the three council owned lakes are free to all intents and purposes, well I have never had to pay and never met anyone else who has in the last two years.
I think it's a bit like getting on a very full train with standing room only they don't dare going round to ask for tickets for fear of complaints.(these venues are not very well looked after is a nice way of putting it)