The World Carp Fishing Championships

dezza

Reaction score
This competition was fished last week at Linear Fisheries, Stanton Harcourt near Oxford, a fishery I knew well in the nineties.

The result did not come as a surprise to myself, although it may have been to others. I,ll give the first 4 teams.

Position/ Points/ Weight in kg/ No of Fish caught

1: South Africa 8 / 264.45/ 45

2: Greece 10/ 85.95/ 11

3: Spain 21/ 58.4/ 13

4: England 22/ 57.475/ 9

These results are significant in that South Africa were not fishing on home waters, and gravel pits, to them, were an unknown quantity. However win they did, as well as win and substantially too, the past 3 championships.

But why were they so far ahead of the other teams?

The reason is known to myself. I will shortly be writing about just how SA are so superior and way ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to banking Big carp. And I am not talking about match size carp or F1s, but big "specimen" carp.

Look out for my article in CAT. Revelations will be made that will help all carp fishers.

Last edited:

dezza

Reaction score
You could put the article on FM instead Ron.

Ah but I wouldn't get payed!!

Over the past few months I've earned a few hundred pounds from articles in mags which I could have sent to FM. I know it sounds mercenary but a few hundred pounds means a lot to a pensioner like me.

Last edited:

dezza

Reaction score
Bowlocks - Three years on the trot?? That might be true if a win happened once, but not THREE times!

That is the usual lame excuse given by individuals and teams that are not good enough!

:p:p:p

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Once you've been paid and your article printed, could you not THEN give a synopsis, of 'the relevant points' that the article contained for FM.

A subject about which most would be appreciate reading, cheers.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Ron
why not wait till the article is published - organise a carp fish in where everyone pays £10 winner takes all - with your inside knowledge you should win easily - then post a report of the fish in including your winning tactics on FM

That way you get paid for the article, collect the prize money and FM get the details in the article, you're quids in and everyone is happy. (Send £20 for this idea to Furkum Hall)

dezza

Reaction score
At this point in time, I have just been commissioned by a major publishing house to write a series of articles about South African fishing. I will be over there next year on a 4 week sabattical to finalise all details.

In the meantime there is the ladies world carp angling championships in the grapevine which will shortly be held at Bloemhof Dam in SA. 20 odd countries are involved, including England.

You can bet where my money is.

In the meantime, I would ask you all to await the revelations that will take place in the International Angling Press.

cg74

Reaction score
Bowlocks - Three years on the trot?? That might be true if a win happened once, but not THREE times!

That is the usual lame excuse given by individuals and teams that are not good enough!

"Not good enough", indeed Ron they're anything but our nations finest carp anglers, I mean four anglers sitting it out for 72 hours each and for what; nine carp averaging 14lbs each, CR@P anglers not carp anglers springs to mind!!:D

Personally speaking, I'd be expecting the lowest catch return of the England team to be the same or greater than the teams total, pathetic.:wh
With that number of rod hours, I'd expect more fish than the whole England team and I'm a rubbish angler (but I don't care:cool:).

Evidence of what though?

I'd say evidence that most true (and good) specimen anglers really ain't to bothered about this inane drivelous tripe of an alleged competition.:rolleyes:

That said we can and should learn from others approach to angling, it serves to improve our own abilities.
(looking forward to reading your article, whilst stood in WH Smiths)

I do also applaud your candid honesty regards the article, as IMO only a fool wouldn't sell it if there's a buyer.

I thought you'd gone into a self imposed exile, or am I confused??;):D

Philip

Reaction score

Well thats the point...were the other teams good enough ? ...if the entire field was indeed made of up "world championship" (whatever that is) quality anglers and not an uneven mix of levels then given the way knowledge is shared today I doubt any one nation will be significantly better than any other.

Luck of the draw bag is much more likly for the result.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
In Ron's defence, (as though he needs me to defend him), in quite a few of his postings, he do'es drop little hints and pointers to methods that he, and others,used in SA, and if you're lucky enough to spot, and try them, the results are interesting, i've used one of his pre-baiting methods on a few occasions, albeit on quieter stillwaters, and the method has worked.

dezza

Reaction score
That said we can and should learn from others approach to angling, it serves to improve our own abilities.
(looking forward to reading your article, whilst stood in WH Smiths)

Ah well we now know the sort of idiot you are, who ever you are!

You are typical ********* that reads magazines in Smiths without paying for them!

I'll bet you also illegally claim benefit.

And worst of all you have no courage of your convictions, hiding as you do behind a silly pseudonym.

All you are is a snivelling coward!

Last edited by a moderator:

noknot

Reaction score
Ah well we now know the sort of idiot you are, who ever you are!

You are typical ********** that reads magazines in Smiths without paying for them!

I'll bet you also illegally claim benefit.

And worst of all you have no courage of your convictions, hiding as you do behind a silly pseudonym.

All you are is a snivelling coward!

Now that's a nice post Ron, you should think a bit more before you rant, as you love to dish it out, but it seems you can't take it back? Go:wh

cg74

Reaction score
1, Ah well we now know the sort of idiot you are, who ever you are!

2, You are typical *********** that reads magazines in Smiths without paying for them!

3, I'll bet you also illegally claim benefit.

4, And worst of all you have no courage of your convictions, hiding as you do behind a silly pseudonym.

5, All you are is a snivelling coward!

I've numbered your rantings for ease of reply.

1, I am Colin Gordon and if I am some "sort of idiot" we share a bit of common ground then.

2, Not your "typical *******" at all, more that I find fishing magazines so repetitive for the odd interesting article, I certainly am not parting with my money and I'm quite sceptical as to the worth of your input, so definitely won't be buying CAT mag in blind faith.

3, You'll lose that bet and I don't have a criminal record either, before you imply that too.

4 & 5, Read answer number one. Hiding behind nothing, no need to.
It would appear that your parents either had a warped sense of humour, an unwanted son, middle names, The Hat!!
Or perhaps you use a "silly pseudonym"?

Reaction score
Can't be bothered to repeat myself; you all know what I've moderated and why.

I sense a well laid bait and a screaming run.....nowt wrong with disagreement, even the well placed insult...but just bear in mind the recent postings from the owner.

I was minded to leave well enough alone...but other folk have had their knuckles rapped for using that term...so I'm being equitable!