Cross Border Raider

R

Rob Brownfield

Well lads, just back from my 2 weeks hunting Carp in Suffolk/Norfolk. At last I had some joy!!! Had a 21lb 8oz fully scaled mirror within 8 hours of arriving..along with a 15 and 2 x 10lbs. Whats even better is that they all came to floating crust in about 3 hours. Over the two weeks I had loads of carp, 3 tench over 5 pounds and a 9 and a half pound Bream. On the last day, with two hours to go, I upped my Suffolk PB to 22 and a half with a cracking Mirror, again stalked using crust right under the rod tip. She was joined by a 12 as well.

Found out Nashys Formula one is crap..I had one run on it in two weeks...but the Whiskys were brillient. ..as was Nutrabaits BFM. Having said that, 31 Carp and Tench fell to Bread...1 bream to BFM, 3 Tench to Whisky, and about 20 odd carp to Whiskey and BFM.

All in all a great holiday...and all sish came from general day ticket waters...not the expensive Carp waters!!!..?3 a day for laods of carp..I was in heaven!!

M

Malcolm Bason

Well done Rob. Was some of your time spent at Waveney? I know you said you were going there at some stage or other? Would have been nice to meet you over there as you know, I'm backwards and forwards over that way a fair bit - going over this week-end methings, but it depends on the other arf!!

R

Rob Brownfield

Never got to Waveney. i was planning on fishing Yew Tree lake there, but after I got my 20 on the first day, I was not really bothered about chasing the big fish.

I had the 21.5 out of Hall Farm Lake near Belton (Great Yarmouth) along with the 9.5 Bream and the big Tench..the 22.5 came from Aldeby Hall Lakes neat Haddiscoe (Aldeby supprisingly enough). Well worth fishing both of them. If you nip into The Plough at Blunderstan and ask to speak to Mark the barman, he fishes both a fair bit. He found the same as me...stalk the wee buggers during the day, set up "proper" gear at night.

I had planned on fishing Bure Valley, Waveney and maybe Camalot and Tasburgh...but was happy with the 2 twentys :eek:)...so never bothered

M

Malcolm Bason

If I get the chance Rob, I will!! I am selling the caravan I have at Lowestoft at the end of October, and so will no longer have a reason to go over there (sob).......

I should have hired it out a bit, but thats another story....

Well done again on your catch! ;-)

R

Rob Brownfield

Cheers Malcolm. Its the best result I have had down there. Whats more, I only did one 24 hour session, all the big fish came during 2-4 hour evening sessions. So i still spent time with the family, but caught my fish too.