Rod licence cheats

J

jon helyer

This is good news, but I think the minumum fine needs to be upped to around a grand to act as a real deterrent. Also, in my area at least, the EA needs to be out and about more on the drains and rivers, and less on the commercials, then they would have a field day.....

Only recently over 100 anglers were caught fishing illegally, and that's just around the Bridgwater area.....

J

James Townsend

In 35 years I've only been EA checked once, a couple of years ago on opening day. Maybe they spend more time at commercials as they are easier to check rather than miles of riverbank; or maybe it's where they reckon to make best use of thier time?

Y

young 'n' hopless get off my back!

A e.a member should come to matches. I have been in lots of matches and I have never ever been checked. I just want to know if i have a licence and it didn't take it with me e.g stalking just rod and net what happens?

O

Old N hopeless please wind me up

You get thrown in . they can do a check over the phone to there data base so if you forget to take it u should be ok.

Y

young 'n' hopeless get off my back!

Ow thank you for that many thanks!

T

The Digital Monkey

Callum they wont do much to you coz your to young.

Y

young 'n' hopeless get off my back!

I don't buy a license because I have to. I buy one because the money goes mostly back into the water ways if I had a choice I would give ?5(that a jr cost) to them!

T

The Digital Monkey

Im not saying you dont need one just if you havent got one theres nowt they can do

W

Wolfman Woody

Well there is. You're supposed to carry it with you and you may have to send it in to the regional office. Yes, they can check on-line now, but it doesn't tell them if you're giving false information.

They wouldn't do anything Callum providing you can send it to them. If you can't or don't, you might get a letter with a warning and that will be logged. The next time, it could be far more serious.

And I think the Courts should make the penalties stiffer. The present awards for costs don't even compensate the EA for attending Court and they don't get the fine. That goes to the Government.

T

The Digital Monkey

I worked alongside an ea bailiff for 4 years and because he's under 17 the ea will not pursue it just give a verble bollocking we get yobs fishing here all though the closed season and they do f**k all about it due to there age.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

What's the point of making the penalty(fine)higher if the people won't pay or haven't got ?50 to pay the fine ,how the heck can they pay ?1000

L

Les Clark

Ed ,the max fine is ?2500,they get hit with that and they will think twice about fishing again, most of these people are one time chanchers ,think they can get away with it or have got away with it for so long think that they wont be caught ,good riddance.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

they should confiscate all their tackle -- that might hurt them a bit more too

M

madpiker

i`ve witnessed a (then nra)bailiff confiscate a blokes tackle because he didn`t have his licence with him.the bailiff said that he could get it back if he produced his rod licence at the local nra office.

W

Wolfman Woody

I agree entirely with your last remark, Ed.

It's not the fine I get upset about, as I say, that goe sto the Government. It's the costs awarded to the EA that aren;t enough to pay for mounting the case and attending court.

I bet these people who can't pay their fines (for whatever crime) can still afford to go and drink themselves silly down the boozer and smoke 40 fags a day.

JC

Reaction score
I remember that evening well Pete, shame it was the wrong bloke from our point of view!!

The EA fisheries chaps have the power to seize equipment from people fishing illegally, whether that be a coarse/game angler without a rod license ON HIM/HER, or illegal netsmen fishing for elvers or whatever.

If you do happen to forget your licence but can provide proof of identity (so they know you ain't telling em porkies) I am given to understand you have to produce your licence at the local EA office within seven days.

Adrian Chubb

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much of the licence fee goes towards our sport or where it goes at all ?

Milo

Reaction score
Those caught fishing without a licence should have their tackle confiscated and given a week or so to produce their licence in order to get their stuff back. Once the time's passed, the tackle should be passed onto those who provide angling 'training' for less privileged kids.

Do you think tackle theft would increase as a result of this though???