kingsbury water park

shaun coxall

Reaction score
Fished Marston Pool(off Coton Lane)friday. Lovely surroundings, pegs immaculate, Not a Clett, Zilch. Tried everything, Method, Waggie, even tried piking with dead bait, nothiing. Put me out my misery any one who knows this area and tell me i was'nt on my own. Forgot to mention , i was on my own that day. Not a soul was fishing this splendid lake.Should i have taken that into consideration??

M

Mark Hodson

The dead bait was a bit of a waste of time as all the pike were removed by the controlling club when they took over the lake. The lake is very hard as are all the big old pits in the area, unless you've got a lot of time and patience you'll struggle to get any sort of result from any of the pits in the area. If you value your fishing time why not have a day at Cuttle Mill on the coarse pool (only 5 minutes up the road), Earlswood resevoir, or Barston Lake just up the M42.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Like Matt I would recommend Cuttle Mill, its a cracker of a fishery, or at least it was before I moved down here. Got just about everything in there including some big roach , bream, tench and carp (wildies as well as commons and mirror) the only drawback is it tends to get a bit crowded.

shaun coxall

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice lads,will follow it, but i will return to Kinsbury pools with a different attitude now i know the crack.

M

M?r?

Shaun
try the pine pool, mainly carp up to 30..a few tench too.?3.50 a day for 2 rods...not bad and a lovely pool.
here

M

Mark Hodson

Nick who sent me an e-mail regarding the eels, having trouble replying to your address as aol reckon your not a registered member so I've copied it below.

Never caught any eels from the water but there again you can't nightfish there so never really had a good opportunity. The water is only 20 yards from a link to the river so isn't landlocked so the chances of any biguns staying in there for years is slim. Due to the locality of the river Tame and the yearly flooding of the pits in the area none seem to have any eels over a couple of pound in them.

Hopes this helps

Mark