who's had what??

JC

Reaction score
well it's that time of year again, must be the glorious 16th, cos it's pi**ing down. I'm stuck indoors with a particularly painful dose of shingles so go on, cheer me up with your tales of spectacular success, marathon battles with river giants and so forth...........

B

Bully

Actually my gargantuan battle of all time fishing was with a swan. I was using 20lb braid at the time, the hook link would break, and I certainly didn't want to cut the line and leave it with 50 yards of line !!

Sorry to hear about your shingles. I had it once many years ago and it was the most painful experience I have ever had.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your shingles Jon, hope it's not too bad!

Your right it is "Flaming" June and the usual 16th, it's chucking it down!

I had to change my plans, long story!
Will post my results next Friday.

Looking forward to getting home tonight and seeing all the results coming in, I hope they are all doing well!

Steve

JC

Reaction score
It is by far and away the single most painful thing I have ever experienced, and having had a lumbar puncture (needle like a drinking straw inserted into base of spine) some years ago that's saying a lot!

JC

Reaction score
cheers Steve!

How are those Tincas coming along?

H

Herr General Swordsy

I've had a nice slice of Bakewell tart, no effin fishing till sunday!

But it has been raining, get in!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I'm off now for a couple of hours Perching.

Homemade Bakewell?

JC

Reaction score
Didn't know you liked tarts.........:)

More the Monk's thing isn't it? :)

njb51

Reaction score
Fished Hampton Court today! Pissed it down, on and off!bloody weather!

Anyway, wasnt a bad day. I had 2 Bream at over 6 pounds each. The biggest of the two was a bonus as it was a new personal best for me! The second Bream, the smaller one, fought like a Train!! Certaintly didnt feel bream like when playing it in!

Jonny

njb51

Reaction score
I also hooked a boat that was going past, as well as a swan!

Tried my luck at a bit of spinning on the Mole/Ember later on the managed to hook the train track bridge! Was also very snaggy so lost a few spinners in the process. Didnt even hook into a pike or a perch!!

Also lost 2 gripmesh feeders!

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Not been fishing yet but hopefully off stalk a fewchub on a little river this afternoon, if not then feedering for a few bream on the fiver ancholme.

Me and me mate are off for a 24hr session on the Trent on Thursday midday, can anyone reccomend a stretch to fishfor a overnighter, we are hopefully looking for some barbel.

alan

Reaction score
thank you, its not just me who had a bad day.

was booked on a boat, skipper phoned in th morning, wind is forecast to die down so we will go out. not to bad to start with, then the wind picked up, 3 of us didn't feel to good. no lie, at one point from top of wave to bottom was nearly 10ft, even the skipper staggered about.
he gave us the choice of moving else where or coming back in,so we moved, still rough. end result for me 1 pout, 3 doggies.
the others on the boat caught rays, tope doggies, mackerel, bream and smouthhounds, but no matter what i tried i couldn't catch anything else.

alan

Reaction score
oh forgot to add, at one point the wind was touching force 7, so much the the force 3-4 predicted.

W

Wolfman Woody

Seems to be a lot of blankers out there. So did I, but I did have aone pike follow my lure. He just wouldn't take it.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
overnighter on the tidal trent,blanked....
not bad omens for the fish in next month i hope???

i aint gonna be able to hit the rivers for a couple of weeks yet :-( seen a few carp boys bivvied up on the nene at oundle while i`m driving by in me truck.no time to stop and ask if theyre catching though.
just been for a walk around me local boating lake....plenty of carp and tench fizzing away.

tight lines everyone........

F

Fred Bonney

After I left,the wind died down and it warmed up,plenty caught!
Should have fished 24 hours instead of 10.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I had my first barbel of the new season today, only 1.5lbs but the purists among you will be disappointed to know it was from a lake hahaha.

I took a disabled angler fishing and though I caught mainly pastie carp I lost a very big carp when I tightened up to stop him going round an island, the hook pulled. One barbel though on punched bread which is a wee bit unusual I suppose but, a barbel for all that.

The near neighbour (the disabled angler) caught plenty but all pasties as well, still I think he enjoyed it.