Pro`s &Con`s of Fox Easy Dome Bivvy

A

Alan Degville

Hi All,
I`m back from my holiay IN GRAN GANARIA OF SUN ,SEA, SAND ,BOOZE&SEX
I`m all refreshed & ready to get some serious fishing in .Any of you have any info on the Fox Easy Dome Bivvy.for`s &
against etc.Hope you`ve all had tight line`s while iv`e been away
Cheer`s Larry

M

Malcolm Bason

Very light, easy to put up and fold away, it has an internal mozzie mesh (or whatever its called) to keep the bugs out, a porch for stowing all the gear, compact but big enough, as others will I'm sure tell you it fits into areas that others fail.

On the negative side - the poles keep coming out of their sockets and it does'nt always fold down first time, when erecting you have to lift it up from the central boss with one hand - no probs its very light, but don't get your finger caught when doing so as I did (ouch), there does'nt seem to be any tried and tested method for folding away its just a case of bung in and hope (or is that just me?)

C

Carp Angler

I agree on all the positives, but

On the negative side - the poles keep coming out of their sockets

I've never had this happen.

and it does'nt always fold down first time,

Never had a problem with that either.

when erecting you have to lift it up from the central boss with one hand - no probs its very light, but don't get your finger caught when doing so as I did (ouch),

ha ha ha, never done that either.

there does'nt seem to be any tried and tested method for folding away its just a case of bung in and hope (or is that just me?)

eeerrrrr....I think that might just be you Peggy, mind, you are shorter than the average carper, so reach could be a problem.

A

Alan Degville

Hi'
malcom&carp angler ,thank`s for prompt reply's i think i'll go & buy one any idea on cheapest place to get one.
Cheers Larry

R

Roto fryer

the best bivvy on the market by far is the aqua armadillo.
my mate who has a tackle shop rekons the fox's have a problem whith dirt in the joints etc,however, these are his opinions not mine as ive never used one.
u can get a 2 man 5 rib easy dome at a good price from two guys ltd in maidenhead.

C

Carp Angler

All of Aquas gear is good, but the easy dome only takes about 2 minutes to erect.

Yes, dirt does get in the joints, but I clean mine.

2 man 5 rib is very large and about ?250.
Classic easy dome is better for tighter swims and it also has a flat back.
Don't pay more than ?140 for it.

D

Dai Gribble

My only criticism of the Fox Easydome is that its very bulky to carry. If you can live with this problem go and buy one as they go up quickly and easily, are vey stable and are a good size for a single angler.

R

Roto fryer

i got an aqua and its great but the whole lot cost ?470 with winter skin and special bits.
but the inner skin is good on its own and around
?280 i think. its quite a wide bivvy so not a lot of good for tight swims