I heard a rumour this week......

Crazyhazy

Reaction score
I wanted to have a look at the tackle boxes by Korum, so I went to Stapeley angling centre. They didnt have any, I was told they are struggling to get anything at all from Korum/Preston innovations (same company). 3 more tackle dealers have told me the same this week. One fella also said he has heard that the company is in trouble! He also said that he knew one dealer who was on a £10,000 back order with them!
We will have to wait and see...

quickcedo

Reaction score
How can a company be in trouble with that many orders? Something doesn't sound right here.

Crazyhazy

Reaction score
Thats what I though, apparently the problem lies in China where the gear is made - according to the tackle dealer today (who has been waiting weeks now for his latest order)

barbelbuster

Reaction score
Whilst I like Korum gear (it always appears to have been well thought through) I think they have always had a reputation for late deliveries to dealers.
I wanted to buy a pair of Korum boots this week but finally had to get Skee Tex, which I have got to say really look the part.
Korum aren't the only ones with delays both my local dealers were recently out of stock of Drennan barbel hooks and neither knew when they would have any

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
This is becoming more and more common with all companies that have gear made overseas, not just china.

Free Spirit have had some big problems waiting for blanks from China, on more than one occasion, and that then means anglers have to wait for their rods.

China is in the Sh*te just like most other countries, it's ok having gear made over seas, but when things start to go wrong, it's us the angler that will suffer, BIG time.

andreagrispi

Reaction score
I was having trouble with obtaining drennan hooks - go onto ebay, little bit more expensive but you can get your required hooks by the bucket load.

RMNDIL

Reaction score
I would be very surprised if we didn't have Barbel hooks. Which sizes ? And have your two dealers actually asked or have they run out and cannot say when they'll next have them in stock because they are just waiting for the sales agent to next call before they ask or order ?

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
There aren't as many agents around now, much of the ordering is done on line or by phone now, but there are still a few agents around.

The problem now is that most angling companies are now having their gear made oversea's. It's cheaper for them to have it made there as we know, but will the clock turn back soon, because the cost isn't going to stay lower for much longer, and a lot of the gear is costing more now anyway.

Add to that, the gear not getting here, firms like Korum, etc etc, can't afford to keep waiting, time is money, as those wanting their tackle won't keep on waiting and will then go elsewhere, thats how they end up being in trouble.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Preston/Korum/Sonu were at the trade show last week with one of the biggest stands and they certainly didn't look like they were going out of business or in trouble. Quite the contrary, the stand was busier than ever.

I dealer friend I met there, though, said that the main problem is the company doesn't keep a back order list, if the dealer doesn't get what they ordered in a shipment they must re-order on the following Monday. That doesn't sound right to me, but clearly he wasn't happy with how things were going with the system.

Must admit though, the Sonu baits range gets bigger and bigger. And the Dutch Master rods are very, very tempting! Like everything else they make, I guess.

If I ever broke into their warehouse I'd be bound to get caught - just like a kid in a sweetshop, I'd want one of everything! :)

Crazyhazy

Reaction score
Spoke to one of the lads at BAS today - he said in his words ' they wont be going bump' but did acknowledge the huge problem with their suppliers.

Lark

Reaction score
One of my local tackle-shops has outstanding deliveries from Preston going back to last year. I think the smaller outlets are getting the worst of the deal as larger companies seem to be getting priority.

Crazyhazy

Reaction score
Sorry I spoke.....

Dont take that the wrong way ;)

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

One of my local tackle-shops has outstanding deliveries from Preston going back to last year. I think the smaller outlets are getting the worst of the deal as larger companies seem to be getting priority.

Stapeley Angling Centre are struggling with supplies!

A

alan whittington

I had to wait 2 months last year for a Korum brolly,then when it came the locking screw was missing and apparently they(Leslies)had to wait another month for a replacement,not only that,they dont correspond with buyers of their tackle,good,well thought out tackle,s***e company.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score

Priority wouldn't happen when the tackle is late coming into the country, those that would miss out are the shops that may have an outstandibg bill.

Like all tackle dealers, they have good gear and **** gear, Korum are not any different.