I need to beat my PB of 9.5lb

David Wood 5

Reaction score
I live in west yorkshire,and wanting to beat my personal best carp of 9.5lb.Im sick of going to my local lake,fishing day and night under my bivvy and waisting good money on bait,to come away with one fish under 9lb.Can anyone tell me of any carp waters local in the west yorkshire area,that im guarateed to beat my PB of 9.5lb and whether they do 24hr fishing,and the cost of day and night fishing tickets and how to obtain the tickets.

R

roto fryer 1

spend your time learning watercraft and things will happen in time

E

EC

You probably could 'beat' it by going to a highly stocked commercial fishery of sorts David, although this probably is the easy way out.

Far better in the long term to take Roto's advice, then try and take a bit of time to just sit back and take stock of what you are doing and possibly change a few things. It maybe that you are doing the same thing everytime you go to your lake, and this is simply not working.

If you are cheesed off with doing longer sessions, as seems to be the case, then maybe try fishing shorter sessions, or adopt a more mobile approach!

The thing to remember though mate is that, a fish's weight is just a number! The crucial thing is whether you are enjoying your fishing or not.

W

Wolfman Woody

That'snot very helpful Roto. It's no good havign all the knowledge in the world about watercraft. If the lake ain't got anything in bigger than 10lb, he's never going to catch one.

Can't help you David, but keep asking around. Be prepare to travel more rather than find easy nearby commercial waters. West Yorkshire's a big area with loads of lakes, there has to be somewhere. Just stick at it and asking on here might help.