Mitchell Reels,Repair Reccomendation....

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I have reccently had dealings with a real nice chap,via e-bay regarding my old Mitchell 410 reel.Because of his expert knowledge etc.... the fault on my reel was spotted and quickly sorted and the said reel is ready for me to use.
Anyone on the site or friends/colleagues of folk who still love and cherish their mitchell reels,could do no worse than contact this chap for spares,repairs and serving etc.....

Mr Mike Traynor
The Garden Shed Reel Workshop
4 Southdale Drive
Carlton
Nottingham
NG41BZ

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
Mike has sorted my Mitchells in the past, too. He advertises on eBay as Metal Mickey and keeps masses of spares for most models in the 300 series.

I won't post it here, but on eBay you can find his e-mail and 'phone number too.

His prices are so reasonable as to be embarassing!

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I spoke with him the other day crucian and said i`d gladly reccomend him to folk here on FM.
I don`t know him personally etc... but like i said friendly,helpfull and excellent service.

muddy42

Reaction score
Hardy Perfect Reel Repair Sheared Screw

Hi,
This is my first post.

I have inherited an old 4.5 inch Hardy Perfect Salmon reel. I want to get this reel back in to a useable condition as I have a salmon rod that fits the longer old fashioned reel seat.

Does anyone know anyone who could do this work and what they would charge?

The only other point worth mentioning is the the central screw has sheared off (possibly because it was turned by someone who did not know it was reverse threaded?).

Thanks for any help. I have read the post above, but could not find Metal Mickey on ebay.

irfonminnow

Reaction score
Hi,
This is my first post.

I have inherited an old 4.5 inch Hardy Perfect Salmon reel. I want to get this reel back in to a useable condition as I have a salmon rod that fits the longer old fashioned reel seat.

Does anyone know anyone who could do this work and what they would charge?

The only other point worth mentioning is the the central screw has sheared off (possibly because it was turned by someone who did not know it was reverse threaded?).

Thanks for any help. I have read the post above, but could not find Metal Mickey on ebay.

Hi,

Depending on condition your Hardy Perfect could be worth a fair bit of money (£100's). I'm not saying an outside engineer couldn't do a good job, but if the reel is potentially worth a few hundred £ its worth having the job done properly. Personally I would have it refurbished, then sell it on ebay while Hardy prices (especially Perfects) are still stupidly high.

I would contact Hardy themselves in Alnwick for a quote. They'll have someone they recommend if they don't do this kind of work themselves. They'll also be able to provide a replacement for the broken bit.

If you want to ask on the flyfishing forum click here
Fly Fishing Forums. News, reviews, advice and comments on the world of flyfishing. Join over 25,000 registered members.

David

Last edited: