PETA Poster Angers Anglers

R

Ron Clay

Read page 9 of today's Mail.

Should we now actively support the Countryside Alliance? I say we should.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
What we should do now is collect all the names of British celebrity PETA supporters and then write to whoever they make adverts for to say that we are going to boycott the goods they sell.

I'll post a new thread where these names can be compiled, and where we can post details of the manufacturers they make ads for.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Here's another story, it's gaining momentum.

Where are our people?

<a href=http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,529893,00.html>The Guardian</A>

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Get voting here, everybody please!

<a href=http://www.talksport.net/tspoll.asp>Talk Sport</A>

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
An hour after posting the link above the poll has gone from 66/34% in their favour to 50/50. Keep voting!

I know it's meaningless crap, but it's a good excercise in mustering our forces if nothing else.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Dunno, I was wondering that myself when I sat there for half an hour clicking till my fingers ached.

R

Richard Drayson

Just been clicking away as Ron & Graham did and the vote suddenly went the wrong way.
C`mmon fellas!

M

Mark Kelly

Good idea about the product boycott Graham, keep us up to date on how the list is progressing.

Cheers,Mark.

J

Jerry Stapylton

I am not convinced that we would be wise to mount any form of defence against PETA or its siblings.They are free to proffer any kind of sensational crap as "evidence" that fishermen/women are contemptible torturers, and we, by making reply, may unwittingly legitimise their campaign in the eyes of the non-angling public.Better I think to treat them with absolute disdain.

D

Del Jarman

Did anybody hear the Jimmy Young interview with Tony Banks today on Radio 2. Ithought he was on our side, now I wonder who our friends are.

K

Kevan Farmer

Sorry Jerry, I totally disagree with you. It's time we not only fought back but actually took the offensive. Keep it clean and keep it factual. When PETA start to shout back they will hang themselves in front of the public. But we must not be complacent about this, that would be fatal I'm sure of it.

A

Andy Thatcher

Still oddly at 77-23 for us.

Ron I think it wuold be a major mistake to be seen as part of the Countryside Alliance. This is not the time to be seen as destructive, as the Alliance are seen, but as protectors.

No Graham I haven't forgotten. The guy I want is away. Sorry meant to email you you last week.

P

Philip Inzani

And still 77-23 in our favour...I guess its finished ?

A

Andy Thatcher

Is anyone listening to TalkSport to see what is said ?

D

Del Jarman

I'm listning to James Wale on Talk Sport right now, it's not often I'm lost for words(ask my better half) but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K

keith miller

Another article in yesterdays Telegraph, with a print of that poster, featuring a lady called Dawn Carr, a strict vegan, who is opposed to just about anything to do with animals or fish.