litter

shaun coxall

Reaction score
just fished a local pool Red Feather, not very exciting, but 5 mins away so convienient. Absolutley gobbed smacked at the amount of sweet corn, lunch meat ,tins, just disgarded at the pegs. What can be done to drum into these arseole's that it's not the done thing.Is this a new culture thing, because i cannot ever recall seeing as much litter as i do now on our river banks and lakeside. It has got to be down to some failure of upbringing. The first thing my father instilled in me when he took me fishing was NO LITTER! Clean all your mess up, check the peg before you leave for any line, hooks, shot, etc. It's not hard is it.

T

The Monk

quite right Shaun, its disgraceful mate, I was up on the Ribble at the back of the Tickled Trout yeasterday and it was the same an absolute crap hole, these people really are scum. Fortunatley some new legislation is coming into force with regards littering and fly tipping, not before time, fly tippers can be fined a maximum of ?5,000,00, report any you see.

T

The Digital Monkey

ITs the LAZY b**tards who think they are anglers.WE get this eveywhere there should be an outright ban on tins on the bank open or not.

T

The Digital Monkey

Monk it won't work try getting someone prossicuted for leaving a tin and a bag of crap on the bank its not cost effected to the EA

T

The Monk

maybe not but I would gladly kick the shit out of them, we need to stick together on this and may be form vigilantee groups, these people cost us fishing, every club and owner should give anyone a life ban for even fishing with litter in theior swim regardless of wether its theirs or not, dirty bast**ards

T

The Digital Monkey

WE have a no tins or bottles on on the bank rule yet when walk the banks its littered with the crap I used to **** them off but they complained the the council about me.they made up the rules when I enforced them they did'nt like it f**kin stupid

M

madpiker

they are not anglers,more like muppets with fishing rods.no matter how much publicity is given about taking home litter they just ignore it,expecting other people to clear it up,as the saying goes,you can`t educate pork.they need banning from every water in the country.i was taking my dog for a walk just the other day,two oiks pulled up in a van and unloaded the contents of the vehicle onto the layby,blocking a farmers gate and then drove off.what they didn`t realise was that i was watching and took their vehicle number,which is now in the hands of the local council ha ha!!!!

shaun coxall

Reaction score
I did forget to mention that their are 10 litter bins available around the said pool which only makes the matter worse!

M

M?r?

That is disgusting..and they give all anglers a bad name.....your description is spot on Monk...they are scum!

T

The Digital Monkey

I find litter bins at fishing venues only encourage litter why anglers cant take there crap home with them is behond me.They carry it down to the waters edge full but are to ****ing lazy to take it home. I wonder how they live,in a shit hoval most prob.

W

Wolfman Woody

It weighs less going back as well.

I don't mind what they bring, tins, bottles or whatever, so long as it goes home with them. I sometimes think though, that the more rules there are about no this or no that, the more they will mess things up.

On of our club bailiffs put a notice by thre enormous bag full of crap that simply said, "If you want to fish in a toilet, fish in your own bog at home and don't turn our fishery into one." (or words to that same effect.)

shaun coxall

Reaction score
I think the moral of these excellent responses is give the litter dropper a good slap, and stick an half opened can on his snotter, and bid the bastard adeiu with a parting kick in the bollocks. Glad we are still the majority boys, thanks again.

M

M?r?

I always take a carrier bag with me ...all the rubbish..which you do get goes in there..when my lad comes with me I always say 'don't forget...and he comes in and says yeah I know
the rubbish bag is right here..and good as gold everything goes in..bits of line, empty packets the lot..and it it my first job when I get back to put that in the bin.

---------------------------------------------
I remember one time a couple of years ago,fishing the local club pool...I set up and started fishing..I noticed this noise in the bush next to me..(which I had heard since the moment I got there...but not really aware of it...if you know what I mean)
I opened up the bush and there was a small bird with line wrapped around its leg, going round his neck and into his mouth..it took me ten minutes to unwrap and trim that line from him...it had skinned one of his legs down to the bone and the hook was down his throat which I could not remove....for fear of making things worse.
At that moment I could have gladly shot the bastard who had left it there...this sort of thing must happen all the time to wildlife ...whether it be line, cans or whatever.

shaun coxall

Reaction score
Thank God there are people like you bringing intelligent beings on to this earth.Your lad will be the better for your advice and guidance.What a great feeling it was to go on my first fishing trip with my father. I will never forget it,Pool Hall,nr Wolverhampton, 1963. First fish, Perch. The fight off this 8oz monster sent chills down my back. The first touch of a live fish, the surroundings, the wild life,Kingfishers on the end of your rod,Water Voles at the side of you, after your maggots,The sound of rain on the brolley, but still content, because the old man's there keeping an eye on you, with a little self satisfied grin on his face. Is's nice to know that these feelings that i experienced are still being conveyed to certain youngster's today. I've got my faith back in humanity.

T

The Monk

there was a case of a school child being fined in Rochdael last year, there is not litter wardens in the town centre, this litter warden gave this Asia kid a ?40 fine for throwing a chip paper on the floor and unbelieably the childs parents wrote a letter to the local rag complaining about it!

They got absolutely slated the dirty bast**s and many wrote in saving it was about time parents got penalised for the behaviour of their off spring, the litter wardens in this area do an absolutely fantastic job, they even go round to schools to try and educate these dirty animals

shaun coxall

Reaction score
I live in the town of Wednesfield, which is accredited with the first prosecution of a fag end being thrown on the pedestranised area and the culprit being issued with an on the spot fine of ?75. Hows them apples for cleaning up our towns.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Anyone found with litter around them, whether theirs or not, should be chucked of the water and banned for life. I'm going to a local commercial fishery tomorrow and, as usual, if there's any litter in my chosen swim when I get there it'll go into a carrier bag as will my own litter during the day. At the end of the day it will taken home with me and put in my wheely bin.

T

The Digital Monkey

we had some scousers fishing down the one year great lads so we thougt camped on the bank all there rubbish in bin bags and when they left dumped it in the hedge.Silly twats left there day tikets in the bag they wont fish our water again.