August Angling Star out

R

Ron Clay

Many of you live in areas of the country outside the distribution of this magazine. There are some good pieces in this month's issue including a Trent barbel piece by Stuart Hurst, An interview with Tim Paisley after his recent catches of huge carp, Zambezi Tigers on the Fly, Proof that the Fens are fishing better than ever and my usual Whinge on the back page.

E mail me privately and I will try to send you a copy.

P

Paul Williams

Ron,
did you notice my thanks on another thread for the one you sent me?......if not cheers mate i enjoyed it.

R

Ron Clay

Of course I did. You owe us an article, how about a humerous one about Brummies on the Severn in Bewdley, or of a night spent at one of Nervous Merv's stag nights in Cov.

Do you remeber my old mate Bob Frost?

P

Paul Williams

I remember he had a shop,
Ron, it wasn't you who gave us an all position display with that young lady at one of Mervs do's was it????

R

Ron Clay

He had a shop down Bath St in Leamington Spa near the big church. A guy called Barry Jonas used to work there. A very good angler was Barry, I had a lot of respect for him. He also had a marvellous sense of humour. We always had a good laugh in the shop when I used to drop in on a Friday afternoon to pick up a few things for the weekend.

I spent a fortune in that shop and was very sorry to see it go.

No it wasn't me. The poor guy was so embarrassed he'll never live it down.

I hid in the toilet at the time. This bird was grabbing blokes left right and centre.

P

Paul Williams

He didn't look embarresed at the time....in fact he looked "UP" for it!!!

R

Ron Clay

Tony Miles and Tref West were hiding behind the bar discussing barbel tactics when she grabbed one of them Tref I think.

After that debacle we spent the night at Trefs and slept on the carpet. Trefs missus made us a lovely breakfast naxt morning

R

Ron Clay

For those who I promised a copy, please bear with me. I am trying to get some extra copies from Sheffield Newspapers. The problem has been that for the last few months, AS has been a sell out.

S

Stewart Bloor

Ron, thanks for my copy, received today. Thanks for the kind words you said about me in your regular feature. Graham told me last week I'd managed a mention, he didn't tell me he was in there, Mcwallet...hahahahaha....