Okuma reels

ByNasty

Reaction score
Has anyone else out there had the problem of the bail arm failing to lock in place or snap back over? This has happened to me now on 2 of my 3 reels and is getting where I am losing confidence i them. I have tried to take it apart to oil it to see if that fixes it but to no avail. If anyone has managed to sort it themselves can you let me know how as I get no response whenever I contact Okuma. My reels are Force baitfeeders but I would be interested in knowing if this is a design fault across all models (I was thinking of upgrading to Epix Pro's).

Yorkie

Reaction score
In total I have 4 Okuma reels. 2 cheapish ones and 2 not so cheap.
Up to press I have had no problems with any of the bail arms so far.
If the bail arm is failing to lock it sounds like you may have some obstruction or something physically preventing it from closing properly.

If you have not had the reels too long I would suggest you take them back to the shop where you got them from and explain the problem to them.

Avoid stripping them yourself as it may void any warranty on the reels.

Robbie H

Reaction score
I use two Epix Pro's and a Baitfeeder, and had no problems. But these were some of the first to come out- silver rather than the new black versions. Would definately recommend the Epix Pro's- best reel i've had for the money.
As for the bail arm not springing back, i would advise the internal spring has come out of position. This used to happen to me on old DAM reels. Best take it back as they are hard to reposition.
Hope this helps.

M

madpiker

i`ve had no problems with okuma reels,i`ve got the epix baitfeeder and two interceptors.i had a slight problem with an epix reel that i was using for lure fishing when i dropped it in soft silt and used it for the rest of the day,the abrasive silt made the line roller bearing noisy,i took it back to my local shop.3 days later it was returned to me complete with new bearing fitted at no charge.as the others say,return it to where you bought it from,the okuma rep will get it fixed or give you a new reel.the area svendsen rep told me that their policy is to repair or replace any faulty goods,providing that it`s a mechanical breakdown and not the owner abusing the equipment.

ByNasty

Reaction score
The problem is that I brought them off the net. One from fishtec one from tackleshop.co.uk. The one from fishtec is over a year old as well. Don't really want to be left with no reels for too long and if i have to send them away it could take a while.