monster crab boillies

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
my boillie making has been a bit hap hazzard in the past,so much so thati buy straight off the shelf now instead of making them.
i`ve been given a load of rod hutchinson monster crab flavour(christ this stuff makes you wanna wretch!)and was wondering if anyone wanted to do a deal???
does anyone fancy knocking up a batch of monster crab boillies for me and in return,i`ll send you a pack of 5x50ml bottles for doing it.they dont have to be the worlds most nutritious boillies etc,as long as they should catch me a few fish etc... obviously,i`ll pay for postage and packaging and just pop some storage instructions in with them etc....

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
ok then.......who can reccomend a cheap and easy to make boillie mix that incorporates the hutchinson monster crab flavour???
something even a numpty like me can make and something that should catch me a fish or two.

F

Frothey

how cheap do you want?

what was wrong with the other boilie mixes you made (proprietary or your own). if you're not sure what you're doing it'll actually be more expensive to try and make your own base mix - you'll end up chucking a lot away!

malc

Reaction score
here

is one link for starters - there are plenty more to be found by doing a search on this site mate.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
malc....just had a look at the boillie article....it all seems simple enough...many thanks.
frothey,i`m only an occasional big carp angler so i dont really want to go spending the earth on base mixes,sweetners and all that gumph.once i gain a bit of confidence in what i`m making and using then i`ll start making big batches of boillies and freeze them.
i also want to use boillies for chub and barbel fishing.

F

Frothey

so...how cheap?

mainlines baits will work out about ?6-7 a kilo by the time you've rolled it, dynamite a bit cheaper.

or 4oz semo, 4oz soya flour and 8oz ground trout pellet, 5ml monster crab 10ml olive oil, 10 ml toasted sessame oil to 6 eggs....all can catch fish, just a case of being confident in what you've rolled....

W

Wolfman Woody

You know when they say "bird seed mix", what bird seed is it? Teasel?

Out of interest.

W

Wolfman Woody

I ask because I've broken up a lot of off-the-shelf boilies before now and it looks like teasel seed to me. A 70p bag would probably make enough boilies to sink the QE2. Well, my little 10 footer anyway.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
frothey.....i`ll give the rcipe you posted up there a go.... i`m presuming you`ve tried it and caught???there must be alot of satisfaction catching on a bait you`ve made up yourself.

F

Frothey

nick

what sort of water are we talking about?
can you see fish feeding in the edge...try it on them first, or try them on some tame fish (garden centres are good for that!). no point making loads of it up if they wont eat it

yes i used a bait like it....about 15 years ago! BUT if you find fish that are feeding there is every chance you'll get them. but dont blame me if you dont...

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
i`m gonna try them on my local boating lake first....the carp are normally quite obliging.
as i`ve earlier mentioned,i`d like to make some to use as chub and barbel baits and will hopefully take some to swordsey`s barbel fish in....
i`ve got loads of this monster crab flavour and i doubt if i`m gonna use it all and my mate will give some more if i want any.if you want some for free,i`ll gladly send you some.
i`d be intrested in how you get on with it...
many thanks for your help,
tight lines.