Carp rods.

richard859

Reaction score
Hi to all,

I'm after a pair of carp rods with distance in mind, as my new water is vast.

But I only have 300 pound for a pair, any help advice and I would be grateful..

I have seen a Nash Outlaw xs today (3lb t/c), and must say for the low cost was very surprised. Has anyone tried them and how are they at distance?

Cheers.

tortoise100

Reaction score
Couple of 13ft 8oz beach casters should be about £60 for two spend the £240 left on a trip to france sorted.

Beaker

Reaction score
Have a good look at the Greys Prodigy 3.0lb tc, I have a friend who has a set of them and he fishes large gravel pits at distance and has no hesitation in recomending them.

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:43 ----------

And you can buy one for under a ton.

richiekelly

Reaction score
i have some chub outcast 12 feet 3lbs tc and they cast very well,dont know how much they are now but recently i broke a top section contacted chub who sent a new one for £35 including postage i asked how much a bottom section would be they said it was the same price,a good rod for £70.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
The rods are possibly OK a little on the light side for true long range fishing a rod with a fast tip recovery and a strong mid section with a test curve of around 3.25 lb to 3.5 lb is the norm. The 8000 GTE are great reels but not suited to long range fishing as the spools cannot hold enough line. But as Noknot rightly pointed out what is you long range ? as this is the key to proposing the correct equipment.