POPUP INGREDIENTS

Karl Roe

Reaction score
Hi ALL, Can someone out there tell me the exact ingredients for a quality WATER BASED popup mix and an EGG BASED mix? I have tried and tested many combinations but failed to achive the correct results. I don't want to microwave them, wrap round a cork ball etc, and have tried the Richworth popup mix which is superb I am looking at a straight forward water based popup mix I can make myself. Many Thanks

F

Frothey

you could add cork dust (from model shops) and whey gel/egg albumin to your existing base mix....you'll have to experiment though

J

jason fisher

stick more than 5% antarctic kryll meal in anything and the soddin stuff won't sink no matter what you try to do with it.
i know i once made up aboutt 10 kilos of the stuff and couldn't work out why my baited area had every bird on the lake in it.

Karl Roe

Reaction score
LMAO at Jason Fisher, nice one, my mate had the same problem when he made some boilies with yeast.....chucked em in a PVA bag, bunged em in the lake and one by one we watched em surface...LMAO.

What I really want is to get the exact ingredients in the Richworth Pop-up mix....anyone know what it is ??? ;o) Seems to be a closely gaurded secret to the ultimate pop-up. I don't like the idea of these fake baits, cork balls, cork dust, and heard someone used polystyrene dust....NASTY!!! would you eat that...I wouldn't. Can't do the fish's digestive system any good.

Anyway, keep the replies coming lads.

L8rs
Karl

njb51

Reaction score
why do you not want to wrap around a cork ball?

The fish wouldnt know it was there so what difference would it make?

F

Frothey

depends on the other ingredients jason.

i wouldnt worry about using cork products, they eat far worse stuff than that and they will crap it straight through...and lets face it, the only one they get in their mouth will be attached to the hook anyway!
much less "harmfull" than the stuff a lot of companies use in their pop up mixes....

F

Frothey

nothing Rik, he just wants to know exactly whats in them so he can make it himself....

mind you, for the ?3 or whatever a bag of it costs, you probably couldnt make it any cheaper yourself....unless you want 50kg of pop-ups!