Graham's Book

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

It was nice to read in Angling Times today that Graham's book - "Advanced Coarse Fishing" had been selected as "One of the Ten Greatest Angling Books Ever."

I certainly agree that Grahams' book is one of the best English Angling Books ever written on coarse fishing. But I certainly do object to the way the AT newswriters put the message across.

"The Ten greatest Angling Books Ever" is a heck of a sweeping statement.

Not one of the books listed covers sea, game or angling outside these shores.

No disrespect to Graham meant at all, but I do feel AT should have been more specific with their claims.

And who are: Tim Brady, Kim Wharton and John Arnold?

I supect three kids who have never been anywhere nor done anything.

What qualifications do these three poeple possess to make a judgement like this.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Can't agree with you there Ron, I think AT got it dead right and the three gentlemen who selected my book and others are top guys who know exactly what they're doing.

AT is wonderful.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I know that mate but I'm trying to get a blinking bite!!

:eek:)

G

Gary Knowles 2

I think the book you never wrote would have been better.

'History of the Cheshire Meres'....

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well done Graham, I for one am delighted to have met and spoken to you.
Even if it was only to be asked to pass a rucksack on to Swordsy. (o

Ron, I'll help you get a bite mate, I know where there are some big Red Snappers just waiting to be hooked. Hahahaaaaaaaa.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
History of the Cheshire Meres??
That really would be a must have.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

History of the Cheshire Meres.

Come on Graham, get it sorted.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Dont need to be all nice to him, we just need to TELL him.

DO IT PAPA SMURF.

P

paul williams 2

I think Barney meant Graham was there at the start....the ice age!
I know for a fact his wallet is made of T.rex hide and matching jaws......that snap shut at the slightest touch! ;)

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

What are the others as I'm too tight to buy the paper?

T

The Monk

a excellent book Graham and justly rewarded, sadly I only have the soft backed version (Ron has the hard backed)

A History of the Cheshire Meres now that would be good, my mate Phil did an excellent series of 3 articles on these, a book would be good, the Meres hold such history relivence to angling and have certainly produced some exceptional fish, some much has yet to be written about the Meres so many untold stories, a land of secrecy and hauntings, shrouded in mystery

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

And the secrets of the Dark Side as the dreaded Black Monk of Copmere is seen in the late evening as the mists swirl amidst the trees.

Boggarts never went that far south though.

P

paul williams 2

No ghosts on Copmere Ron......the syndicate members said they couldn't haunt there as the swims were all spoken for!

W

Wolfman Woody

Don't wish to take the wind out of yer sales Graham, but this couldn't be AT doing a bit of sucking up after leaving FM out their list of favourite angling websites, could it?

P

Phil Hackett 2

Oh Knowlesy that?s my title as the Monk points out!
The history of angling on the Cheshire meres I?ll accept. And I?ve already wrote him the first two chapters on the geohistory of them. An acknowledgement for the research and a cheque will suffice Graham LOL.

And I've got a hardback copy and the pice has just gone up 3 fold :0)

F

Fred Bonney

I have one,a first edition, with a signature,pinned our Graham down at the Clattercote fishin.
A terrific informative read.
We must be due a new one,if only to show off his current hairstyle!

;o)

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I like the picture of my old fishing mate Steve Crawshaw.

And Graham of course. In those days he always reminded me of Herman of the Hermits.