field boots

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
her indoors is buying me some field boots for me birthday.
do i go for the prologic field boots???
wychwood lunker boots???map bagging boots???nash boots???
there are quite a few on the market and it looks like i`m gonna have to get them mail order.one other thing,does wearing the map ones guarrantee ton up weights everytime???

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I have a pair of Peter Storm walking boots. Cost me ?60. They are so comfortable I often forget I'm wearing them. They have a Goretex type hydrophobic lining. They are cool in summer and warm in winter.

I used to have a pair of Wychwood Lunker boots. I skipped them a year ago. Absolute crap.

If I thought the cost worth it I would have a pair of those top class boots The Monk raves about. You can get such boots made to measure at Tower Bridge Shoes in London but they will cost you ?300 with two fittings.

E

EC

Elements 2. Goretex boots from arco, ?60, light with a steel toe!

W

Wolfman Woody

This win'er ar will be mostly wearin' the same as ar wor las' 'ear.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Nick

I bought the Prologic, big mistake. They are heavy and do not support you at all when you are walking. They are not much better than walking in moonboots. The only plus point is that they are warm. If walking isn't an issue though I would go for moonboots every time, no messing about with laces for 5 minutes every time you take them on and off.

If I had to choose one word to sum the up, 'crap' would be very high on the list.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
i think the bagging boots look the best bet for walking in.....
i had some of the skeetex thermal type moon boots,sold them after wearing them 3 times and nearly slipping up in them 3 times.i found them too awkward for walking in on frosty river banks.

J

jason fisher

summer good goretex walking boots winter, skeetex field boots lovely n warm.

Bill Maitland

Reaction score
Light walking boots for spring/summer, four season walking boots with breathable neoprene socks for autumn/winter.

I've said on here before that I bought some skeetex super boots two seasons ago and think there crap, they keep your feet warm but if its very heavy rain or soaking fields then they let water in !!

I've even tried spraying with water proofing protector but they still let water in.
Waste of money !!

R

Robert Woods 1

I'll love to be able to wear my walking boots to fish my favourite river but you need to use wellies to walk past & in cow muck in farm yard.

Bob

W

Wolfman Woody

Interesting Eddie. I used to work for a company called Arco Europe, part of Atlantic Richfield organisation. Oil and petroleum by-products.

E

EC

Don't know if they are connected but they are really very good value for money Woody, they often have sprayway/berghaus goretex coats etc for much less than you would pay in outdoor shops!

I bought a goretex there 10 years ago 'half price', my boots, and also some good regatta combats for fishing (?10) they stock loads of useful bits for the angler!

Jason Speck 2

Reaction score
Got a pair of Hitech yesterday.

Sierra V-Lite Sympatex.

70 quid.Very light and a good gripping soul.

They are the reason I had 3 nice Barbel and a chunky Eel today.loL

Jason